Do Stainless 60d Nails Exist?

Clay Edgin

The guy who does my tattoos wanted to know if stainless 60d nails exist. We were joking about him using my bent 60d nails as earrings (he has a 3/16" hoop through each ear now) and he said that if I could get my hands on some stainless ones and bend them that he thinks they'd be cool jewelry for the pierced crowd.

Anyone know if these exist? I'm guessing no.

Thanks, I did find the Manasquan folks on my own shortly after posting this thread and have ordered a pound of the 40d and 60d nails. Besides being slightly cheaper, Manasquan does not have a 5lb minimum for ordering! I'll let you guys know how the nails feel when I get them.

This is so funny that you bring this up Clay. I've been joking with my wife about using some bent nails as earrings. I'm almost tempted to do it.

Or how about a Red Nail necklace! :laugh

Edited by EricMilfeld

Go for it Eric! Once I get these nails, I am going to bend them all and give them to my tattoo and piercing buddy to sell off to his pierced freaks...aka "clients". They're 316 stainless so they will be clean for a long time! Not a bad price either for some stainless "jewelry" ;) haha

A couple of the websites I saw said that the stainless nails are actually easier than the regular steel common nails, which surprised me. Stainless is usually noticeably tougher to work with. Pounding on 1/8" thick stainless and 1/8" mild steel is a world of difference!