Plated Steel?

austinslater

The hardwhare store down the street doesnt sell any hrs or crs but they do have 1/4" plated steel. Do you guys bend this and where does it fall? Is it harder then crs? Thanks guys, just curious if its worth getting.

Austin

The hardwhare store down the street doesnt sell any hrs or crs but they do have 1/4" plated steel. Do you guys bend this and where does it fall? Is it harder then crs? Thanks guys, just curious if its worth getting.

Austin

Austin stay out of the hardware store and STOP BENDING!

Let it heal you junkie. :tongue

Austin,

I've bent the 1/4" Plate Steel and it is the same as most 1/4" HRS.

Did you pick some up ?

Austin - I have bent "zinc plated steel" rods and I would say they are a good bit harder than any of the HRS (from home depot, lowes, and ace hardware) I have found at the same thickness and length. They were also noticeably harder then the CRS I bought from Ace Hardware. Although all this really doesn't give you much of an indicator as people have found both easy and hard HRS & CRS.

But to answer your question, the weakest "zinc plated steel" I have found was harder then the hardest HRS or CRS I came across.

Thanks guys. I didnt pick any up but I will and report back. Might be a good filler especially if its a tad harder then crs.

Austin

I have some zince plated grade 5's, and I think they are harder then other grade 5's I have done. I heard JH 5's were easy, but the zinc ones I have are certainly not.