Plastic Black Grips?

Carterofmars

I have black plastic grippers in two tensions. One is 35 pounds and the other is 45. You can't tell them apart by looking at them, but one is medium tension and the other is heavy. I have many of these and used them aften until I discovered IM grippers about two years ago.

Sixgun

Depends a lot on the manufacturer. I have a couple different types. The Nordictrack one was about as tough as a Trainer when I bought it, and the other one I have was purchased at the dollar store and is so easy that I can shut it inverted with just my pinky in either hand for reps. I did manage to break one of the dollar store grippers by seeing how much I could uncoil it ;)

good first post...........not :D But seriously did you do that font on purpose?

A buddy mine has an old DP one(dunlop maybe??) with black handles that was comparable to a trainer. It was hands down the hardest plastic one I've ever tried but still pretty much a joke for those interested in building real crushing strength.

Just measure it on your bathroom scale by placing one handle flat and then use your body weight to push straigh down until the handles touch.

My walmart gripper with the pretty pink foam handles measures at 45lbs.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda cool to use them as an individual finger strengthener.The ones i have are hollow plastic handles so my thumb fits in one end and any finger i feel like working in the other end.