Grip Meet At The Swiss

amaury

David (aka The Swiss) and i had a grip meet together at his home yesterday. We had a LOT of fun and worked our grip three hours in a row.

Here is a little summary of the day :

Bending :

David still had a little injury so he just warmed up and went for the 225kgs challenge bar which he successfully bent after some impressive efforts on the chest crush (David could not use his forefingers that hurt too much ! ).

As for me it was a good bending day, i bent (in order) and after a brief warm-up :

- a 230kgs challenge bar (quite easy)

- a 247.5kgs challenge bar, much harder but still ok ( we measured that i had bent it 1/2" of center ouch ! I will have to work on this )

- a 6" grade 5 bolt quite of center too.

- A few other nails "for the fun "

Pinching:

We pinched stones, bricks, everything we could find lol.

We also used David's apparatus (a 2" wood board that will be used at the comp next week) and went for max weight.

David did an impressive 72kgs and (if memory serves me well but David will correct me) i managed only 67kgs.

I also did my first rafter chin (two boards) but did not quite lock it out though. It was fun.

Rim lift:

David managed an impressive 132kgs lift and i only did 112kgs (it was not a max effort but after failing at 122kgs i didn't feel like dropping weights)

Campus Board:

Just one word: FUN !! David made an impressive display of fingertips strength, jumping up the board like a fuc##g bloody monkey aha :tongue ! I wish i could make one and use it in Paris :cry

Was not quite happy to leave the beautiful swiss mountains and i'll miss David's art of cooking fish :whistel:D

Great bending from both of you, especially considering your overall size.

Amaury+David

Glad you both had a great day,what more could you both ask for friendship,healthy competition,great food,beautiful scenery excellent :bow

Impressive feats of grip strength especially the bending :D

Great stuff guys! And congrats on the impressive bending you both demonstrated!

I remember campus boards from my climbing days :rolleyes

They are fun and hard at the same time, but their is no better exercise for finger tendon strength.

ooopss missed this post and posted something similar in the workouts section.... sorry

thanks for the replies

yes Amaury is becoming a great bender!

Amaury: next time we'll go out to eat something, I am NOT trying the fish experiment again in my house ;)