Scored!

br765

After leaving a rather painful dentist's office visit this morning, :cry I stopped into a used sporting goods store and stumbled on an Ivanko powerlifting bar for $20. I couldn't believe it! :blink I thought I was stealing something! I have been in need of a better bar for quite a while and I was starting to seriously look at buying a new one. It made the new filling worth it!

Nice score indeed. I wish I could find something like that. I have a shitty chrome one and thats all the used sporting places have around here.

Play It Again Sports here does not have but about 20lbs in used freeweights. The rest are new and they charge $.59 per pound. I can go to Walmart and get plates for about $.40 per pound. They have a couple of good barbells, but they KNOW they're good barbells so they charge $120 a pop. They're always willing to haggle though. Most of those type of stores are. Hell, you talk to the right people and you can haggle the price of anything in any store.

Clay,

I call around to all of the Play it Again Sports in my area. Many of them charge different prices for their used plates I have found everything from .29-.40 cents. I don't like their new weights because it is made in China and pretty poor. If you hold up 2 10lb plates you can see a significant difference. I'm betting they are nowhere close to being the same weight.

As for finding steals like this one I guess you pretty much need to stumble on it. I'm hoping to get lucky and find some 100lb olympic plates next. They told me they come in every now and then.