When To Move Up?

king crusher

Hi everyone,

this is my first post! i just recieved my coc #1 and #2 grippers, i had zero experiance with anything other then messing around with a old red plastic handled gripper that i could do 110 times in a row fast.

so i i knew the 1 and 2 would be good for me, anyway, i easily did the #1 and closed the #2 on the second attempt, very first try i was like 1mm away.

so my question is this.....how many times will i have to close the #2 before i should get the #3 and be able to close it to become certified?

were would i go to certify i live in huntington beach, ca.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

Buy the 3 now and be ready to work. It won't be like the #2 believe me. I also closed the #2 the first day I got it. I am now working on closing the #3. A lot of flesh tearing, sweat, and determination to get the #3.

another quick question, how many times on avg does someone need to close the #2 before doing the #3 once....ive never set,chalked, or anything but can do the 2

Multi rep means nothing when your goal is single close.

I could close #3 no set ,but can't get #2 for ten reps.

Great closing a #2 that fast. I think you should by a #3 and a #4. You can start doing negatives on #4.

Good luck with your training!

Multi rep means nothing when your goal is single close.

I agree.

When I closed the #2 I could do 5 reps on the #1, now I can do 10-15 on the #1 and 5 with the #2 and still can't close the #3 yet.

If you rep high on an easy gripper your just building endurance not single rep power.

Thanks for all the good responses everyone, how many days a week should i train the grippers and how many sets and reps?

ive herd 3 days a week? is that a good amount?....agian thanks for the help.

Closed the two on your first try?...I officially hate you.

lol

Just kidding, great work man. You're a freak. Took me several months.

Warren Tetting suggest a couple of very intense sessions a week. Allowing plenty of time to recover.

Weldon

Edited by dubthewonderscot

Great job on that # 2.

Train only twice a week with 2 days rest between each workout.

Don't worry about reps. Learn how to set asap and get some chalk.

Do very deep sets with a # 3. I would also order a Super Master from Warren Tetting.

The Super Master is right between a # 2 and a # 3.

I could close the #1 20 times before my friend got a #2 and I could close that like a week after. It then took me about 3 reps with the #2 to go to a hard #2... and now I'm on a #3... which is not mine... because I'm no where close. I would not buy a #3 for a little while becuase it will be frustrating. Or at least it is to me.

how exactly do i set? also i hear about people on here refuring to hand size? i mesured mine open from where my hand starts at the wrist to my middle finger tip and its 8 inches also my wrist is alittle over 7 1/2 inches around, maybe with that info you could teach me how to set? today i did my number #1 28 times!!! all closed.

I thought KTA was worth the money just for the pics and videos showing sets etc.

You might want to go that direction for your training also. It is working great for me.

W. Tetting makes awesome grippers w/4.5" handles to get extra leverage. Customs from him are not expensive and come fast.