Tried The Hg500

JeffPeterson

The rule is almost a no set for the HG500. With one inch handles the outsise of the handles where I would have to wrap my fingers is far too wide. It is wound opposite of most grippers and doesn't feel comfortable in the hand. Yrt I can chest crush this way easier then my very easy #4.

So what are you saying Jeff that the Big handed guys will have a good time with it. I read on the site that a kid from high school got it to parallel and had never used grippers of any kind before he also had a very large hand.

Edited by kyle102887

Forgive me then but I can only hope no one has managed the feat by the time it arrives here in the UK - I have told Bill I will take the $500.00 :happy

Steve, you may be SOL. Jeff is sending it to me next ;)

I'll be impressed by those who can shut it. Bill told me tonight that Magnus S. is on the list of people it is going to. He will shut it. It will require someone with bighands I would think with the new no or very tiny set rule.

Jeff,

What is the set rule for the HG 500? I was just on the site and from what I could gather you can set the gripper. Am I missing something?

The set rule is that you can only set the gripper deep enough so that the retainer clip barely touches the handles. This gives you maybe an extra half inch to play with.

I received the gripper today and shut it a few times, but not under the rules. The handles are too slick for me to close it here at work so I will have to get some chalk on my hands tonight and give it a couple goes. It is very hard to set because the sweep is tough. As for closing strength, I would rate it maybe a 3.7. We'll see what happens with some chalk. I have a feeling that I will have to either do it inverted or use 3 fingers to get a good squeeze on it.

Thanks for clearing that up Clay. Have these rules been in place for all of the HG grippers or is this stemming from the IM credit card garbage?

I think these are special rules set up just for this gripper.