bigray64

Which style do you use  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which style do you use

• double underhand
    • duoble overhand
    • old terminator style

I use the Terminator style.

My body type: lanky frame, long legs, long arms, short torso. I am also weak and light (157lbs, 5'11"). Hope this helps.

I didn't vote because I use all three. I'm trying to learn the double overhand but a TT is the only thing that I can do pure double overhand. I usually just put a small kink in other stuff and do as much double overhand as I can. So far I actually have the most power with the double underhand but I don't like using it because my wrists hurt(not the good kind of sore) for days after bending this way.

I seem to do best with the old terminator style although Im still messing with the double underhand style. One plus of the underhand style is that it doesnt seem to drain crush as bad as some of the others.

Austin

Double underhand, although I'm just a beginner, but I tried all three and I felt that I could transfer more power using double underhand. I'm more of the barrel chested type if that makes any difference.

I don't bend yet, but seem to have more strength & much better response to training from the elbows down than the rest of my body. Would "Slim style" be the best for someone who wants to bend with hand, wrist & forearm strength, with the least upper-body involvement? I didn't see "Slim style" as one of the stated bending choices above, but have seen the term in my readings here.

Hey guys.

I don't know crap about bending techniques and I was wondering, could somebody

describe what is meant with the "old terminator style" ?

I found this in the gallery:

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album77

Is that the old style or the new style?

If it's the old style, could somebody tell me how does the new style differ?

Thanks

Hey guys.

I don't know crap about bending techniques

Me either. Is there a video or a series of GIF files somewhere in FAQ illustrating the do's and don'ts of each style?

OMG, well I know I don't have his body type, :bow so... well, maybe Slim style is best for someone with a comparatively weaker upper body?

Edited by odin

Odin : I have a very weak upperbody and nevertheless feel comfortable with the Terminator style. Just try all the possible styles and choose the one you prefer ;)

I start with a very mimimal kink using a reverse grip, and then go to the double overhand style.

My frame is lanky, with relatively long limbs.

Edited by EricMilfeld

I use the same technique as Eric just described.

Mine is the same as Tmmicklabs. I assume that is double-overhanded, but maybe I voted wrong.

i like the double underhand to start the bend, then change to the overhand to finish the bend. i just started bending, and using this technique has actually made my crush stronger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started on 2-10-04 with the double overhand style. Had a moderately hard time bending even the Green Nail with this style. Switched about 10 days later to the double underhand style and bent a Yellow Nail the next month. Definitely fits my build a lot better than the double overhand style. I do finish all of my bends with the double overhand style though.

I think I'm going to switch to double over. I like the feel of this much better.

To start out my bend I usually go with the double underhand style, works best for me, I'm 6' 205lbs.

I start with double underhand and try to put as big of kink as I can in the metal. I then switch to a double overhand and try moving it a little further and then the crushdown. I win or lose with a bar on the first portion of the bend. If I can get a good kink from the double underhand then everything usually goes down. I am 6'7" and about 270 with long limbs. People mistake me for a basketball player because I am pretty skinny but I'm slowly trying to change that.