Challange Bars

JeffPeterson

I sent an e-mail order in and can't wait for the new batch to come in. Does anybody know if they have and what the stock was calibrated at?

Jeff,

Cold rolled steel bar 7 ½” 8mm 200k

Cold rolled steel bar 7 ¼” 8mm 212.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 7” 8mm 222.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¾” 8mm 235k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ½” 8mm 245k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¼” 8mm 257.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 6” 8mm 267.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ¾” 8mm 280k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ½” 8mm 290k

David

Wow, that's some serious numbers. I'm eager to know who on the board will have the strength to conquer those ! :cool

Steve Weiner did one (unofficially at this point). I'm waiting to be witnessed, shouldn't be any problem :D

Eric Milfeld has to be in there somewhere, and maybe Chris Caffrey is waiting in the wings?

w

Steve Weiner did one (unofficially at this point). I'm waiting to be witnessed, shouldn't be any problem

Amazing ! Steve is definitely one of the best benders in the world now ! Sometimes (all the time) i think i'm just a Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing pussy hands :D

Dave O are you going to take a crack at it this weekend, if it's here,. I bet if you get a little crazy you'll U it.

Edited by JeffPeterson

Which one did Steve bend unofficially. Where is Shrug at?

1. 290kg

2. Not my turn to watch him :D

Steve Weiner did one (unofficially at this point). I'm waiting to be witnessed, shouldn't be any problem :D

Wasn't this done after a day at your house? Bending 2 reds that day.

Steve Weiner did one (unofficially at this point).  I'm waiting to be witnessed, shouldn't be any problem  :D

Wasn't this done after a day at your house? Bending 2 reds that day.

Yes, among other things. Not the smartest thing for Steve to do, bending at midnight after 4 hours of training but what the heck right?

My 280's should be boarding the plane, along with some their friends, bound for Texas, as we speak.

I seem best suited for bends over 6". I don't quite know why, as my hands are relatively small. I can't wait to see what that 5 3/4" 280 feels like, though!

that means my bars are on their way soon!

W

Yes all bars have been sent. So have fun. And those who have emailed me today I will get to you soon, I've just come in.

The bending prowess of many just keeps rising, I'm even impressed how mine has improved steadily. I'm sure some people will certify on 300k+ bars this year.

But the big question is, will Pat kink the 450k (7 ½” x 10mm) Cold rolled steel bar?

:ohmy

David

Wow, that's some serious numbers. I'm eager to know who on the board will have the strength to conquer those ! :cool

:D

Are the IM Green, Yellow, and Blue, nails cold rolled steel? How about the red? It looks like the IM Red and the 8mm bars are very similar in diameter 0.3125" compared to 0.315". Has anyone actually put a caliper on these to get a true measurement?? What then is the IM Red made out of since at 7" long I'm assuming it is much harder than the 220k challenge bar?? Excuse my ignorance...I'm just a pincher. Thanks.

Wade

Jeff,

Yes we do have some light bars left. Although the bars seem to go so quick! I will have to get another batch prior to the Grip champs.

Wade,

The 'Red' is CRS, but it is a tough springy kind. But the toughest 8mm bars I've had were the HRS bars that started at 300k ish. These must have been tempered, and the Holle's couldn't bend them and Pat thought they were crazy! So although width has some bearing, it is not as much as what kind of steel it is. A very simplified example would be the difference between a lead bar and a titanium bar.

Are you going to be having a go at bending? Maybe you can be a 'king' of this as well as pinching!

David

Wade is the King of Pinch in the USA, you are the King of Pinch in Europe. Let's see a competition between you two someday, it would be great !

My bending sucks but at least it is better than my card tearing!!