The Mmg Lineup!

Bill Piche

Here's the crew. MMG1, MMG2, MMG3.

http://www.cyberpump.com/gripboard/index.p...&cmd=si&img=266

MMG3 certs will open after we get a few guys cert'd at the MMG2 level.

It's perfect IMO. Thanks to Jeff and Warren.

To be honest, I really believe there are 3 main factors involved and we've zoomed right in on them.

1. Wire size.

2. Same wire batch, made back to back.

3. Distance from top of handles to bottom of spring.

4. Same guy doing the making of the grippers so the wound is done consistent.

Of course the handle distance has to be spec'd and consistent. The MMG's are all 2.75".

The MMG3 is a .306 wire with 1/4" mounting. So, if you want Warren to make you a copy, that's what you need to tell him. And, 2.75 between the handles.

Wanna,

Is the Level 3 going to be around a 3.7 or so?

Thanks in advance.

Wanna,

Thanks in advance.

3.7 what?

This number is meaningless as you are trying to compare it to a moving target (what is a 3 anyway?).

The MMG3 is harder than than MMG2.

It is what it is. It's a .306 size spring, etc. as I described above. :)

Wanna,

Thanks in advance.

Also, it's not "is it going to be".

The MMG3 grippers are made. There is one in the picture. :rock

Wanna,

Thanks in advance.

I ordered Heath one of these things quite a while back. He said it would probably be level 3. He said it's about a 3.6 or so. PM him for some details.

Wanna,

Thanks in advance.

I ordered Heath one of these things quite a while back. He said it would probably be level 3. He said it's about a 3.6 or so. PM him for some details.

What he ordered was the MMG3 test gripper. Heath was good enough to buy what we thought would be good for the MMG3. He was right on the money as usual. That's why I call him THE CALIBRATOR! :mosher

Wanna,

Will there be an mmg4? Also, forgive my ignorance, have these been calibrated as to force required to close the various levels? Thanks.

Mark Kodya

I'm not wanna but there will be as many levels as needed. If two or more can close this mm3 then there will be a four. They are very close in closing power although they have not been calibrated.

I seriously think there will need to be another level. I suspect there will need to be a level 5. Especially if Tommy H. joins the party, he's crazy good. Also the more people that get in on this the better it becomes. So if you can close a pretty hard #3 I think you shouild help the board out and sign up for the mm1.

So. you're saying that if you can CRUSH(no merely close) the COC #3, then you should start with the #1 on this cycle(MM?)?

I guess it depends how hard your #3 is. If your killing all the #3's your touching it may be time to sign up for it.

Wanna be, first you have to sign up for the MMG then you move on to the MM1.

Wanna,

Will there be an mmg4? Also, forgive my ignorance, have these been calibrated as to force required to close the various levels? Thanks.

Mark Kodya

We figured out how you need to make them for cert grippers to make differences to be not perceptible between grippers. Besides, the same gripper at each level gets passed around. The other two are backups.

We've also figured out how to best tweak them for the next level up.

I agree with Jeff, it's likely the #5 will be the gripper the KING of crush closes.

However, we will keep climbing forever if necessary. :)

For example, say we have a KING at Level 5. ALong comes some young buck who closes the #5 as well. The will necessitate a #6 be created.

Wannagrip,

thats great. i want to thank every one who has put work into MMG's. this board is one of a kind on the internet and any were else!!!!!!!!! thanks wannagrip for being i hella of a Captain....... You, jeff p. and every one else has made this board a class act......... :help:flame:D

Edited by Sausage Fingers

The MMG3 is a .306 wire with 1/4" mounting. So, if you want Warren to make you a copy, that's what you need to tell him. And, 2.75 between the handles.

Mad props to whoever can close this bad boy!! :bow:bow:bow

Matt V. right. I meant if you can close a lot of differant #3's you'll probably want to try the MM1.

However, we will keep climbing forever if necessary.  :)

For example, say we have a KING at Level 5.  ALong comes some young buck who closes the #5 as well. The will necessitate a #6 be created.

IMO, you should keep making tougher ones until there's one that no one can close. If you wait until two guys have closed the toughest MMG before you make another one, then if the first guy has slacked off his training and gotten weaker, you'll never know if he could have closed the next MMG at his peak, and you won't really know who was the best. Don't know if that makes sense but that's the way I see it.

However, we will keep climbing forever if necessary.  :)

For example, say we have a KING at Level 5.  ALong comes some young buck who closes the #5 as well. The will necessitate a #6 be created.

IMO, you should keep making tougher ones until there's one that no one can close. If you wait until two guys have closed the toughest MMG before you make another one, then if the first guy has slacked off his training and gotten weaker, you'll never know if he could have closed the next MMG at his peak, and you won't really know who was the best. Don't know if that makes sense but that's the way I see it.

"then if the first guy has slacked off his training and gotten weaker"

Then it's HIS problem. Too bad for him. Maybe he should not have slacked off. Slackers aren't champions! Sheesh. We aren't baby sitters here on the gripboard. :D

The MMG3 is a .306 wire with 1/4" mounting.  So, if you want Warren to make you a copy, that's what you need to tell him. And, 2.75 between the handles.

Mad props to whoever can close this bad boy!! :bow:bow:bow

Apparently Heath has done a triple with the test version of the gripper.

"then if the first guy has slacked off his training and gotten weaker"

Then it's HIS problem. Too bad for him. Maybe he should not have slacked off. Slackers aren't champions! Sheesh. We aren't baby sitters here on the gripboard. :D

Fair enough. Then we'll be able to say that the guy at the top of the pyramid has had the strongest crush since he came along but not necessarily the strongest crush since the beginning of Mash Monster certs. Sort of like not allowing a record holder to break his own record until someone else comes along and ties it. In any case it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top! Props to you Wanna for putting the process together!

The MMG3 is a .306 wire with 1/4" mounting.  So, if you want Warren to make you a copy, that's what you need to tell him. And, 2.75 between the handles.

Bill,

Could you post the specs for the MMG 1 and 2 as well?

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by blobue

Cool. Can't wait to try it.