Gripboard Movie Gallery Update

Bill Piche

Dave you destroyed that thing, made it look like a piece of cake!! :mosher:mosher:mosher:bow:bow

Wow! You made that look way easy! Great job! :rock

Damn! Nice Job Dave!

Looked like you had a hard time getting that thing down to the 3/4 of an inch mark. What's wrong with you?

-Jedd-

:ohmy

That is off the hook.

Dave is a true monster and a natural.

Keep it up Brother.

:bow

Thats awesome Dave, by the way I couldn't tell from the vidoe what technique did you use? Double underhand?

Congratulations Dave!

In a Grip Biathalon, contesting bending and grippers, Dave could probably beat anyone in the world.

Thats awesome Dave, by the way I couldn't tell from the vidoe what technique did you use? Double underhand?

You are correct.

Dave uses Double Underhand just like James "Shrug" Smith.

Congratulations Dave!

In a Grip Biathalon, contesting bending and grippers, Dave could probably beat anyone  in the world.

True. It definitely seems like the underhand style is far less destructive to the crush than Pat's style. Big Steve is also doing extremely well with grippers and underhand bending. This is something to consider for people entering grip competitions. Are the extra gains achieved by many using Pat's style worth the loss of strength in the crush? A delicate balance. I loose all the speed in the crush from Pat's style. I remember a workout I had with Arne Persson. We both maxed out in bending, me using Pat's style and he using the double underhand. Afterwards we did some grippers and I had lost about 1/4'' in closing strength relative to Arne.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

thanks guys, im glad i had a "on" day with everyone there.

Dave great job and congrats on your recent success buddy.

Mikael-I have wondered the same thing. It does seem that those who use the underhand style dont have the huge drop off in crush. Some have also said that this style can help the grippers with so much stress on the last 2 fingers using the underhand style. Definetely something to consider when training for a grip contest

Another advantage of the double underhand style is that no huge strength inequities will be developed. I have been using Pat's style for the last few months and last night I tried to reverse my hands (I always use my left to anchor and my right to bend) and I couldn't bend crap. I have developed a massive imbalance.

Mike M.