The Recentblob Is Alive And Well

1stCoC

Blob lifting is an every day delight in the good old Sportsgym where I train in Columbia. As of late everyone has been going at it and while overtraining is always lurking at my door I am pleased with my progress even at 53.In addition to being able to carry the Blob (52 lb) up to 9 feet in the normal pinch style the lying flat hub type blob lift now has my interest.With a group of witnesses I carried a 40 pounder in excess of 150 feet,got the 46 pounder with three fingers and thumb(both right and left,cleaned the 46 with a flat hold,two finger and a thumb flat lift with 40 pounder,and lastly did a full deadlift with Blob held flat and final extra pull to hold it over the height of my lifting belt for at least 15 seconds with the 52 lb Blob.All the guys watching were pretty excited and we will as a part of upcoming workouts have a camera ready to record any max attempts. RS

Mr Sorin, thanks for the interesting report! It is very inspiring to see what

you have done, especially for those of us who are currently training to deadlift

the Blob.

Richard.

You are the man.

I am still trying to do stuff that you were doing when you were 12 years old.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Outstanding!! :rock

Thanks for the update, are you focusing only on pinch or are you training other areas of grip as well?

-HH

Richard,

Fantastic Blob and block weight lifts!!! :rock Tell us about your training for lifting block weights. Please start from the beginning when you invented the Blob. You could do it in phases here in the training and workout section. You would most certainly would have a captive audience. :bow

Richard,

Fantastic Blob and block weight lifts!!! :rock Tell us about your training for lifting block weights. Please start from the beginning when you invented the Blob. You could do it in phases here in the training and workout section. You would most certainly would have a captive audience. :bow

I second that - you are an inspiration to us all. :D Also, when did you lift the Blob for the first time?

With a group of witnesses I carried a 40 pounder in excess of 150 feet

Wow Richard! You sure are a fast runner!! :blink;)

J/K.... I couldn't resist!! :tongue:laugh

I would have done better carrying the 40 pounder flat but a customer stepped in front of me and I had to side step to avoid bumping into him and giving a verbal "watch out" broke my concentration a bit. As for the question about my first blob lifting.....I would say between 1982-1984 was about the time I got the blob. I weighed 238 and it took me several hundred tries to lift it the first time. I worked on the blob far longer than any other grip feat I tried to master.As far as training I do best after a regular workout when I am "of the lifting mind" and it does take me quite a while to warmup. I use either hand to gain co-ordination in my left and find that using seperate days to pinch the blob vs. lifting it flat are best.Hand massage and finger stretching following workouts really seem to help.Good luck and thanks for asking! RS

1stCoC,

Thanks for answering the recent posts about your Blob and block weight training. Your a great inspiration for all of us. :rock:rock:rock

Richard,

Your pinch is insane. I know that from the spectacle you provided at Night Of Strength with half 110 Diesel Black.

Ever thought of attempting a Blob snatch? I know you have the blob cleans down pat.

All the best to you.

-Jedd-

Well, the idea of having a camera around helped last night....It was an off night for lifting but I thought I would try a few flat blob lifts. The blob started breaking ground pretty quick so with the camera and a few witnesses ready we were able to get a few full lockout pictures and some video clips of some shorter warmup pulls as well.I think for me at least it is harder than lifting the Blob in the normal "pinch" position. Any other guys out there trying this? Son Bert will forward the pics to the site when he gets back to town. RS

Congratulations Richard, for accomplishing a "sideways" Blob deadlift!

I think you might be right for blobs under 40 lb.My 7 3/4inch hand is tested to the max with the 52lb since my forefinger in most attempts doesn't even make it over the edge of the Blob.I did get a 46lb blob (flat) lefty last night with an extra 5lb of magnetic add-on weights attached(51)lb...with the right hand an extra 13lb.(59lb)

Great work on the Bob, it is still but just a goal of mine. Where do you get the magnetic weights from? that has to beat the heck out of taping the dumb things on....Brett

The magnetic weights come in several sizes..2.5, 1.25, 5/8lb, 17/8lb. they really help in my microloading progression work and great for record attempts! They are kinda expensive but worth every penny. We have them here at Sorinex for sale.RS

Hi: frist 1stcoc

Can you set close the #4?

I would be nice to see.

I think for me at least it is harder than lifting the Blob in the normal "pinch" position. Any other guys out there trying this? RS

I deadlifted the 45 blob by the face tonight with my right hand, and the 40 with my left.

About the blob snatch(flat by face) question...I think I can do my 46.A lift that was way harder than I thought was to deadlift the 46 lb blob by the face (flat) then rotate hand over to a curl position and do a super strict no swing curl with it.I guess it has some of the leverage problems a plate curl presents.My son Bert said my eyes bulged like boiled eggs when I did it.

More updates on flat Blob lifting.I feel I am at my lifetime peak....Carried the 46lb flat 104feet. Lefthand deadlift flat 46lb plus 7lb(53)of add on magnetic weight. The same lift right hand with 15 extra lbs.(61)and to see if I could.......I made (with witnesses and photo) a full right hand snatch with the 46lb. Son Bert will send photo. PS working on some all new grip exercises I will report when some testing is done. RS