Need Gripper Advice

Rocksurly

I am trying to find a good gripper that is between a COC #2 and #3 in hardness for doing negatives with. I got the HG 250 the other day but it's hardly any harder then the COC #2 as i was able to close the HG 250 today. My guess is it's only about 10 lb harder then the COC #2. Also anyone have any advice for a good gripper that is between the COC #3 and #4 in hardness?

grippers that I have inbetween #2-#3 are.

BB Grandmaster my grandmaster is a easy one though

RB 210

PDA .280

RB 240 about like my #3

SUPER MASTER it is pretty close between 2-3

My RB240 is between the 2# and the 3#. It's much harder than the 2# but by far not as hard as the 3# - perhaps I've got a hard 3# - I think so because I read that sometimes people said that the 3# and the RB240 are equal. Between 3# and 4#: perhaps the RB300/RB330?!?

B.

Joseph, do not go by those poundages, go by wiresize. A #2 is .260, a BBSM .273, and a #3 .281. I would rate my BBSM right at 2.6 or 2.7. See Zcors earlier post on Warrens new wire sizes in the Grip FAQ section. He does an excellent job of describing how those figures were arrived at. (it is actually a thread started by Old Guy I believe). Mike

Get a Super Master.

can someone post links to where one can get all the different types of grippers..thanks

JasonL :happy

I second the RB240. Definitely harder than a #2, but not quite a #3. I've come within a hair of closing the 240, but I'm still around 1/4" from the #3. As good of a place as any to start, I suppose!