Cheap Grade 5's

jad

Anybody having trouble finding 6x1/4 inch Grade 5's or 8s check your local Farm and Home store. I couldn't find any 6x1/4" grade 5s at HD or Lowes so I checked at a Farm and Home store in a rural community close by since a lot of farm equipment calls for graded fasteners and they had them for 1.99/lb and grade 8's for 3.35/lb. This seemed pretty cheap to me compared to the prices of other graded bolts at HD and Lowes. I bought 2 lbs of the grade 5's and 1 lb of the Grade 8s. Now all I need to do is bend them :D

If you don't mind Josh, could you tell what that translates to a per-bolt cost? I haven't found grade 5's cheaper than 50 cents a bolt, and grd 8's I've found only at Ace Hardware for $1.09 each. Thanks.

Edited by EricMilfeld

If you don't mind Josh, could you tell what that translates to a per-bolt cost? I haven't found grade 5's cheaper than 50 cents a bolt, and grd 8's I've found only at Ace Hardware for $1.09 each. Thanks.

I'm at work now so I'll have to count them and do the math when I get home. I'll shoot you a response around 8:30 central time. I think they were so cheap because of the large quantities they sell. They were in a large plastic bin, not some little drawer like most of the graded stuff in HD and Lowes. This store is also in a small town so cost of living might be a factor as well.

Thanks Josh and Dave!

Also check out Grainger link. They don't have G8s over 4" but they do have 6" G5s at $31 for a box of 100. Page 2700.

Sometimes when I have bought G5's in the past, the girl at the register just rang them up at 60d nails and were .06 a piece. They normally go for like $.40 a pop around here at Home Depot.

Home Depot is a joke.

I get grade 5's at my Local Farm/Tractor Supply store for 2.30 a pound.

That comes out to about 30 bolts for $ 2.30 instead of 40 cents a piece at Home Depot.