Blob Replicas

GordonV

Would you buy a cast iron Blob replica?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a cast iron Blob replica?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Price aprox $80 + S/H.

Shipping from Minneapolis, MN.

The production run is going to be limited to about 50.

Further details are included the following thread.

Blob Thread

If there is enough interest I can have finished product in about 5 weeks.

Gordon,

I voted "yes" and I'll tell you why.

I have the "BLOB" (the 50# real deal). They are like GOLD and everyone wants one. I'm selling the blobs, all different weights, and 1 out of 3 emails I get (and I get a lot!) - they want the "BLOB". One guy offered me so much money for one I thought he was joking. He wasn't. :ohmy

You can't find them anywhere. And if you happen per chance to come across some - GET THEM IMMEDIATELY! That's IF you can find them.....

A blob replica makes sense. The real McCoys just aren't out there anymore.

go for it, you won't have any trouble selling these. as more folks get into gripping the demand for these will rise. i voted yes!!

I voted yes, but it would probably be a few months before I could afford it. But, I would definately buy one.

80 is a little much. Rumor has it Atomic Athletic is coming out with one that should be priced south of 50 bucks.

I voted no because 80 plus S&H is just too much for me right now. Good luck though, I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them.

too expensive for me but a good idea. Most weights go for less than 50cents a pound, is there anyway you can make them cheaper? I voted no due to expense. I have to apologize as I just read the thread on the blob, I didnt realize the pains you were taking to make them (foundry) so obviously no you cant make them any cheaper. Is a great idea sorry for sounding like a jerk re price.....Brett

Edited by kerbjr

Matt Van Weele Posted on Mar 19 2004, 08:21 PM

80 is a little much. Rumor has it Atomic Athletic is coming out with one that should be priced south of 50 bucks.

Did the rumor have a time frame? If AA comes out with blobs at that price, sign me up!

Great idea Gordon.What quantities are needed for the foundry to crank these out at a lower price?

i have a friend that might be interested in marketing them.PM me or e-mail me and I'll give you his e-mail and the two of you could hash it out?

He generally works with steel but Iron is the only way to 'do'the blob.

50 cents a pound or less, is for plates or solid dumbbells mass produced in large quantities. Look at the high cost of kettlebells and Inch replicas or even a genuine blob. So the asking price is reasonable.