10&12 On The Super Gripper

austinslater

David "Gorrila Hands" Eirves and Nathan Holle have.

And maybe Tommy Helsup.

David "Gorrila Hands" Eirves and Nathan Holle have.

And maybe Tommy Helsup.

Yeah, and I noticed from the pics that neither Gorilla Hands or Nathan taped the handles which is even more awesome. :bow

Anyone else stablize the Super Gripper with the other hand when they squeeze it? I seem to recall the pictures of Gorilla Hands doing this in his 10 & 12 squeeze.

Without any tape on the handle or chalk, it's the only way I can hold onto the damn thing. I'm all for it. It makes my training more effective because I'm not struggling to just hold the SG. I've been seeing some fantastic gains in my crushing strength

Anyone have any strong objections to stabilizing?

I stabilize mine and even with a KTA style thumb forward set of the thing it still slips around some but that's probably a good thing since it's a grip tool.

anyone else tape the handles on their's or something similiar or was this just a case of pussitis on my part? :D

I put athletic tape on the inside handle of mine.

It bumped my max up 20 lbs instantly.

The bench shirt of the ISG ?

:yikes

I like using sandpaper better than tape. I'm going to look for some

of the adhesive type so it stays on better.

Congrats to OldGuy and Strongmitts. How difficult do you think it is compared to a #3?

For me easier than a 3. I wonder if there is any interest from members in starting a Gripboard certification just for the S G ?

Doesn't PDA have some sort of recognition already? I think they'll send you an extra spring if you close 10 & 12 and an extra gripper if you close it in both hands.

I wonder if there is any interest from members in starting a Gripboard certification just for the S G ?

There's an idea. But are all of Ivanko's springs of an identical tension rating? :calm

I've been waiting for a chance to use that new smiley.

I'd be interested but I'm sure hammering out the rules for it would lead to countless arguments: tape vs no tape, stabilize vs not stabilizing, set vs no set, etc... I've noticed when you stabilize it you can easily cheat of course you're only cheating yourself when it comes to training but as far as the integrity of a certification????? Cert or not I love mine.

I believe I did it before I closed my #3. I didn't think it was that difficult, and crush is not my strong point.

I think its actually easier than the easiest of my #3's. Poundage wise, it should be much more difficult, so go figure :unsure

Edited by Thaibox

Mine is MUCH more difficult than my #3! I'd say it feels more like my rb 300. I get much closer with my elite than with my supergripper. Mines a couple years old, I ordered through Ironman in about '95.

There has to be a discrepancy in SG's based on amount of use, age, year of production, etc., possible tension differences(like Eric mentioned).

I've only used mine, so I've never had the chance to compare.

Yeah, mine is much harder than my 3. I closed mine at 8/12, stabilizing it with the other hand. I was closing the 3 very easily when I did this.

Mine is A LOT harder than my #3 as well. My ISG is almost brand new and my #3 is a double stamp no logo, I think Decemberish 2002??? I guess these vary as well but then again with the #3 as the benchmark and variance being what it is who knows.

The springs on the SG that were pre-2000 are actually easier than the ones after 2000. There's a noticeable difference in their strength.

I bought mine in late 2003, and it is harder than my #3 that I bought then. I can't close my ISG at the 12-10 setting unless I squeeze with both hands at the same time.