Mmg Certifications

Bill Piche

This is open signup.

Please review all rules.

Post questions in this thread.

Once someone provides video and it is considered good does there name appear on the list under the MM pyramid?

What grippers used?

Once someone provides video and it is considered good does there name appear on the list under the MM pyramid?

Their name appears on the MMG list on the Mash Monster page. There are 3 lists now. MMG, MMG1, and MMG2. Soon to be MMG3 added as well.

What grippers used?

THe rules are posted in the MM forum and on the MM home page.

#3 or Grand Master gripper.

Hi:Wanna grip

It would easier if inthe cert process if people can send you email in movie

format. For example, if close elite and witness send you email with movie

format.

Hi:Wanna grip

It would easier if inthe cert process if people can send you email in movie

format. For example, if close elite and witness send you email with movie

format.

You BET it is.

It is WELCOMED in fact!

I have a high speed cable connection.

However, see my post on taking video in the Mash Monster forum. Some tips for good movie taking! :)

Sending it in digital format by email not only speed things up, but saves me work. So, if one can do this, please do! :)

Intentions for Cert's MUST be posted and the witness established PRIOR to the attempts. Maybe I need to make sure that's clear.

I want to certify as a MMG. Adam Black is coming by tomorrow. Since I don't get many visitors from the gripboard often, I thought it would be a good time to try to cert. on the entry level if he doesn't mind witnessing.

I know this is short notice but I just found out he was coming.

I have a question........is the set with my hand against my leg legal? I read some posts where it was discussed but really didn't understand the rule.

One other thing I really don't get is that no choker is allowed. I like to work with chokers to gauge my progress. I can set it and take an accurate measurement of the distance between the handles that you don't have time to do with a tradition set. I like to use 1" because of the old IM rule was about 1".......plus I am starting from a dead stop and there is no question of how far I closed it. Does this make since?

Anyway I have done 2 months of KTA and went from just closing a #2 at the start of the program to closing a #3 with the set against my leg and from a deadstop at 1".

So if a set agianst my leg is legit I will cert at entry level tomorrow if Adam will witness.

I want to certify as a MMG. Adam Black is coming by tomorrow. Since I don't get many visitors from the gripboard often, I thought it would be a good time to try to cert. on the entry level if he doesn't mind witnessing.

I know this is short notice but I just found out he was coming.

I have a question........is the set with my hand against my leg legal? I read some posts where it was discussed but really didn't understand the rule.

One other thing I really don't get is that no choker is allowed. I like to work with chokers to gauge my progress. I can set it and take an accurate measurement of the distance between the handles that you don't have time to do with a tradition set. I like to use 1" because of the old IM rule was about 1".......plus I am starting from a dead stop and there is no question of how far I closed it. Does this make since?

Anyway I have done 2 months of KTA and went from just closing a #2 at the start of the program to closing a #3 with the set against my leg and from a deadstop at 1".

So if a set agianst my leg is legit I will cert at entry level tomorrow if Adam will witness.

A set from the leg is not legal. Gary, I think it's a technique thing you just got used to. You have enough strength to set it without the leg IMO.

This is posted in the rules pinned in this forum.

5. No bracing is allowed to set the gripper. That is, one cannot use their legs, arms, or other parts of their body (except their opposite hand) to set the gripper at the start of the close

I'd be happy to witness Gary mash the #3. I'll have my video camera with me so we'll have a video sometime tomorrow.

I'd be happy to witness Gary mash the #3. I'll have my video camera with me so we'll have a video sometime tomorrow.

Adam,

He can't brace on his leg. But, like I said, I think it's a technique thing because Gary is strong overall and there's no reason he needs to use his leg to set.

The #3 didn't fall using a set as per the rules. But he is oh so close. He was able to close it when bracing against his leg.

I gave Gary a few pointers on how to set the gripper and have no doubt that he will mash the #3 very soon. He has the strength, he just needs to nail down the set technique.

I have a few videos, but my camera only saves to MPEG, which are too large for me to post anywhere. I should be able to get my hands on some conversion software later this week. As soon as I do I'll send the video's to Gary and he can post them if he wishes.

Gary, you'll get it. I figured it was just a technique thing.

Adam,

Thanks so much for the pointers and the taping. If it's too much trouble to get the video loaded don't worry about it.

I'm going to mash that #3 like hot butter this week and cert. maybe a week or so after that. I only had one day rest and have been attempting the #3 twice daily (2 separate workouts) before that. I just need to hide my grippers, I'm addicted.

We played around with some phone books, blobs and hubs too while Adam was here. I always enjoy a visit from fellow lifters and grippers.

Gary

Bill,

Yeah that's all it is. In my training I basically am still on KTA but I also like chokers (hints why I have a set problem) and I close at like .5 inch then I open up to .75 then I go to an inch. I use the leg set and the next step is a legel set. It builds my confidence sort of like power rack training lowering the pin each week until you get the full lift. :cool

• 2 months later...

I assume this sign-up is still open.

I want to certify for the MMG entry level (0).

Do I have to post the date of the certification day here before

the actual cert takes place?

Witness will be Florian Kellersmann.

The date has still to be worked out.

I assume this sign-up is still open.

I want to certify for the MMG entry level (0).

Do I have to post the date of the certification day here before

the actual cert takes place?

Witness will be Florian Kellersmann.

The date has still to be worked out.

I'll take care of it in the cert forum and start a new level 0 forum.

Make sure you get a picture with the handles shut. Video showing them shut will do as well but is not required.

Once I open that sub-forum, I will start a thread and you can post the witness and date in there.

Ok,

thanks Bill.

I prefer video, good preparation for higher levels. :D

• 2 months later...

Bill,

I'd like to certify for the entry level MM. I have read all of the rules and am still a little confused. Will a picture suffice for the entry level close or is a video neccessary?

Thanks,

Ross Baker

Bill,

I'd like to certify for the entry level MM. I have read all of the rules and am still a little confused. Will a picture suffice for the entry level close or is a video neccessary?

Thanks,

Ross Baker

A picture of the close is fine, but you'll also need a gripboard member to witness the close.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to certify for the MM0 with a 3#. Witnesses will be Florian Kellersmann and

Frank Henritzi (Frankyboy). The date will be 11.9.!

I want to certify for the MM0 with a 3#. Witnesses will be Florian Kellersmann and

Frank Henritzi (Frankyboy). The date will be 11.9.!

Meant was september 11th.