So Boys How Has Your Training Changed?

dannyboy

first of all im still training to close the #3 with a ''set'' close...i dont care if i dont get a title that says im a captain of crush, closing it will be satisfying enough...

so my training is still the same except i now have one day just for doing no set closes. any of you guys switch up your training ??

Nope. I won't ever. I will try the goofy credit card trick every once in a while for curiosity's sake, but I am after the top levels of the MM now.

I will train with it in the future but will also train with a traditional set.

Me to

what about when someone shows proof that they can credit card close a #3 they get in their title ''cc captain of crush'' and when proof is shown that a person can close a #3 with a 1 inch set they get the same old title....i dunno just an idea. what you guys think?

blah....ok why not have our own title?? well i guess we do. but what about ppl who close the #3 in the future? would be nice for sooome kind of title...what about

uncertified coc? hehe

Still doing no set closes - closing tough grippers is one of my maybe some day goals - getting rid of my carpal tunnel is the only thing I'm really trying to do. For me, the means is the end.

I was already doing no set closes of the trainer, #1, and #2 for warm up. I have added one no set of the #3 as the initial set after warm up. Otherwise, no change. :D

I'm working the credit card in. I'm also examining/incorporating

any exercise that will build the wider sweep.

T

no changes for me

No change, I have incorporated no-set-closes since a year back. My credit cards stay in my wallet.

My credit cards stay in my wallet.

I don't need anymore credit cards. I keep getting applications in the mail!

k this is the question....suppose you can no set a #3, do you reeealy need to put a credit card inbetween the handles to prove that? that rule is so stupid...

im gunna shut up, no point beating a dead horse

Haven't made any changes, and really dont plan on making any either. My main focus is the MM.

Did a couple no set attempts after I overcrushed my three tonight. I figure, why the hell not. Smitty's gonna have to do them. Might as well work on that goal alongside him, too.

-Jedd-

For whatever reason I've always had trouble setting the gripper deep, so i never did. No change for me because i was already doing no-sets. :D

Started doing no sets on my #1 as part of my new training, as mt strength increases I will do this with the #2. I figure slow but sure.

I ain't doing this cos of IM, but because the thoughts that came out from that were that this method is good for overall strength gains, I'm gonna see.

Digz

My knuckles and wrist's start making popping noises when I try and no set. I am not going to get injured over this credit card deal. :angry:

Untill I started reading the gripboard I didn't quite get what a no-set was (or a set for that matter. :blush

I've never done anything but no-sets I think. Only set the gripper enough to get it comfortable. Recently did a few attempts set(to an inch) and I was surprised that they didn't feel any easier at all.

I guess there's no point in changing my training now.