Warming Up

JasonL

I find the more nails I bend, Lighter 0nes progressing up, the better i do, makes sense I know. I cannot bend that good cold..anyone else can?

JasonL :happy

I am finding that too. I had been thinking it is enough to just bend a light nail or two, and then tackle the max-level stuff. But now, I think your theory is more correct for me personally. I think I do better when I build up gradually.

I find the more nails I bend, Lighter 0nes progressing up, the better i do, makes sense I know. I cannot bend that good cold..anyone else can?

I don't really warm-up. Before attempting a PR i usually bend just one nail (most of the time a nail comparable to the blue nail).

Amaury.

I like to warm up with a multi joint movement like deads or squats, and then do one or two light bends before going for the BIG ONE. If I warm up too much with the nails my forearms pump up, which hinders not only my bending, but any kind of grip exercise.

Like Eric, my best bends are usually done after I get back from doing squats, cleans, etc.

Unfortunately I'm still recovering from surgery, so I haven't been doing any compound stuff. So, I warm up with 2 or 3 timber ties, or 5.5-6" Home Depot 1/4 HRS before I make any real bending effort.