300 Lbs Hand Dynamometer 215 Dollars

CHRISWILES

I own exactly that type of dynamometer and I don't like it. Robert Baraban's new pocket dynamometer is totaly superior comparing to this dynamometer. Both in quality and function.

If anyone you meet maxes out that 300lb dyno, do NOT shake their hand! :) According to the chart that came with my Rolyan dyno, the average 20-24 year old male can squeeze 117lbs. #3 closers should expect to squeeze over 170 consistently, but my training partner was squeezing over 200 before he closed the 3 for the first time. I think Nathan Holle did 125kg/275lbs but I don't know if it was braced or not.

This dyno at Wisdom King is the same one that Porkbone has but the dial on his is larger. There are a couple videos of me putting a squeeze on it in the Northridge Iron Grip Gallery. It's a good piece of equipment and is a great way to see if your training methods are paying off.

Robert's new POCKETdynamometer is up to 120 kg (264 Lbs). This dynamometer is harder to squeeze if you compare with the another dynamometer. All of Robert Baraban's dynamometers are very carefully calibrated. Nathan Holle did 125kg/275lbs unbrached on Baraban's OLD big dynamometer.

Edited by Arne

I tried a hand dyno that was in our physical therapy department that maxed out at 200#'s, and I gave it a squeeze with my right hand unbraced and spun it back around to zero. I have big hands, and this may or may not make a difference in the actual squeeze. This is a truthful post. Later, Chad Woodall