Video Of Me

tmmicklabs

Would everyone please take a look at my technique and give feedback.

I just want to make sure that I am bending correctly according to the Ironmind and/or David Horne Challenge Bar bending rules.

Right Click...Save As...

Edited by tmmicklabs

I tried to download, but it is not working. It says it could not be found. :(

Firstly your technique seems fine, though you may be able to get better leverage if standing. I know I do. Secondly, it's all about what works best for you.

Nice bend btw.

Thank you Adam.

I usually stand but I did not have anyone to hold the camera for me so I sat it on the desk :)

i still kant watch it, says error d/l, codec or somthing like that

For those who cannot watch the video b/c of a Codec error, I would recomend downloading the entire codec library for their version of windows media player.

Basically, the codec tells media player how to decompress the file for playback. Microsoft does not include all of the codecs with media player, so when you click on the clip to play it, if the codec is not on your computer, media player tries to download it from Microsoft. Depending on how your system settings are configured or how your (employer's) firewall is set up, you may not be able to download the codec for palyback.

Here is a link to some search results that should show the available codecs. Match the library up with your version of Windows Media Player, download and install.

Link

It worked for me!

When you are doing those couple of quick pumps at the very start of the bend, are you bending it there or getting a better grip on it?

Travis, that was a good legal bend. Nice technique. I do have one suggestion I'd like to humbly submit. I assume that was a sub max bend, judging by the ease with which you performed it, so try video taping one of your max efforts. I think because our form has a tendency to change a bit on all out efforts, you'll get a clearer picture of any potential weak points in your technique.

When you are doing those couple of quick pumps at the very start of the bend, are you bending it there or getting a better grip on it?

Rex,

The quick little pumps just get me physched up is all.

I start applying pressure at the 4 second mark on the video and finish the bend at the 11 second mark.

Travis, that was a good legal bend. Nice technique. I do have one suggestion I'd like to humbly submit. I assume that was a sub max bend, judging by the ease with which you performed it, so try video taping one of your max efforts. I think because our form has a tendency to change a bit on all out efforts, you'll get a clearer picture of any potential weak points in your technique.

Eric,

Thanks for the tip...I will try that. You are correct. The timber tie is not my max bend. I did 9 on them in a row last week for my workout. My current best bend so far is a 6.5" cut of 1/4" National Brand Zinc Coated Steel Rod. I will also be recieving a Yellow Nail in the mail any day now. Wish me luck.