New Ironmind Rules Stinks

mooinabc1

Ihe new ruling is unfair to because in order to close any gripper

I have to close the gripper under one inch and a half anyway. other reason why

is that people passed the old rules and they are many of them.

At this I ask gripper to send mass email to ironmind to be united

and fight the good fight which fairness to who crush the gripper or

gripboard to start a certification for set close grippper.

i think its a great rule, and hand size can't stop you, my hands are 7", and i can close my hard #3 fine under the new rules, this new IM rule will for sure stop the coc #3 list from growing so fast.

So with 7 inch hands that must actually be a no set close for you right. If you tried any setting you would be passed the credit card right.

I don't care if you have 5" hands and can noset the #4. I have 7 3/4" hands and I am out of groove/position with the credit card rule. That is enough reason for ME to not try to close grippers like that. I will probably only injure myself trying.

i think its a great rule, and hand size can't stop you, my hands are 7", and i can close my hard #3 fine under the new rules, this new IM rule will for sure stop the coc #3 list from growing so fast.

Are you sure you are measuring your hands consistent with everyone else?

When I close a gripper no-set or wide set I find that my hand is not in the right spot when finally closed, and that it slips all over the place as my hand is clamping down on the gripper. Not only is it unfair, but it is not the way to apply your full power. As Patrik said, the gripper is out of the groove, It would be like requiring powerlifters to bench press with the bar over their neck.

I will still work at closing the COC #3 the old way. When i can do this i will know i am the equal of those that did it before the rule change. I don't need a peice of paper to tell me this :)

7 inch hand and no problems with that feat....

May i ask how long your pinky is if you measure from between the fingers as that seem to be a measurement that is easier to get stringent.

Mine is about 2 inches with a roughly 7 inch hand by the way.

Nils

I don't care if you have 5" hands and can noset the #4. I have 7 3/4" hands and I am out of groove/position with the credit card rule. That is enough reason for ME to not try to close grippers like that. I will probably only injure myself trying.

Myself as well. I almost tweaked my hand which is why I don't do no sets that often.

Are you sure you are measuring your hands consistent with everyone else?

Exactly. My you know what meter is going off.

I want to see the video. Then send me your #3.Bullshit!

That is almost as absurd as me claiming I cannot reach across the handles to close a gripper. :whacked My BS meter has a jamed needle on the extreme side.

Myself as well. I almost tweaked my hand which is why I don't do no sets that often.

The same thing happened to me today when I tried the BS credit card close. I WILL blow out some tendons or something. You know it is ironic that a year or so ago when I started grip training I used to use a no set when closing grippers. Then I learned the right way from KTA and the Grip Board which in turn was approved by Iron Mind. Setting the gripper truely is the only way to even the field from those who have large hands and those who have smaller ones. I honestly think Dr. Strossen did not think things out. Or he has never tried to close one of his own grippers.

I honestly think Dr. Strossen did not think things out. Or he has never tried to close one of his own grippers.

This is an honest question.Not trying to put the guy down,or be funny...because i don't know the answer.

But has ever lifted heavy in the gym?or competed: in powerlifting?bodybuilding?olympic lifting?highland games?strongman?has he ever closed a #1?#2?#3?

I think he did do some arm wrestling at one time?but I don't know much about his back ground...other than a phd. in Psychology.

obviously you don't need to be the strongest guy on earth to be an author or a publisher...and thats fine.Even strength coaches aren't always the strongest guys around.however? when setting rules for a feat of strength.... some practical understanding would help.

Guest gripmaster316

That is exactly what I said Rob! Until he did it in front of my eyes.

Edited by gripmaster316

I will still work at closing the COC #3 the old way. When i can do this i will know i am the equal of those that did it before the rule change. I don't need a peice of paper to tell me this :)

I agree.

i think its a great rule, and hand size can't stop you, my hands are 7",

sorry for that, my hands are a bit over 7", 7" 1/8 around there :whistel:blush:blush but you guys still don't believe me and i find that sad, and I'm going to laugh when i said in the video :tongue

PS: my pinky is almost 2 1/2"

Edited by Strong Man

sorry for that, my hands are a bit over 7", 7" 1/8 around there :whistel:blush:blush but you guys still don't believe me and i find that sad, and I'm going to laugh when i said in the video :tongue

7? 71/8? 7 1/4?

Heck, we don't even know how you are measuring. It's your attitude that continues to rub people the wrong way.

Yeah I just closed the#3 with the new rule WELL almost...... close AROUND an 1/8'' away :tongue Video showing hand size and credit card WITHOUT a heated spring. and you are the man.

Steff could do it. Haven't you seen his other videos. Hes a beast.

I hate to ask questions with obvious, pointless answers, but why didn't they just make the gripper tougher, like say the silver crush #3s? And what about #4 certification? No setting a number four sounds painful and to bring into question Joe Kinney's #4 close... it all sounds like BS to me. The list was getting long, but it's their own fault and should fix it at their expense, not the customers.

Yeah I just closed the#3 with the new rule WELL almost...... close AROUND an 1/8'' away :tongue Video showing hand size and credit card WITHOUT a heated spring. and you are the man.

i'm sorry about all this confusion, my hands are almost 7 1/4" ok... and yes i can do this with both my #3s, and yes i will get a video of this soon ok :rock

PS: Don't worry Rob the spring was never heated and will never be heated.

Edited by Strong Man

I've seen your videos and realize you have a very good grip. Are you planning on getting in on the MM. Now that it is claerly the best thing around.

yes i do.

guess what, I got it all on film the other day the measuring of the hand the total crushing of the #3 WITH the new IM rule. :cool:cool