Who Now Is Going Only With MM Cert?

OldGuy

MM Or IM certification  

57 members have voted

1. 1. MM Or IM certification

• MM From now on for me.
    • I will stick with IM.
    • I want to do both.

I plan on being strong enough to cert any damned way there is, but I have no faith in the IM cert anymore so the only cert for me is the MM cert.

i plan on doing both.

Actually, I stopped thinking about the IM cert last year. I was a couple of weeks from certifying (even had my letter to IM written) and just wanted to get consistent when they changed to the 1” rule. My best was probably about a parallel set close (see a picture here: Bigsteel Pictures May 2003), and I even did a 3-pound straphold. This after about 7-years of working with IM grippers, and I thought how unfair it was to change the rules, but at least the 1” rule was possible for me (Hands barely 7 1/4"). Still, I really lost interest in the cert, so what if I could train up to the 1”, I was concerned even back then that the rules could be changed again (I really remember thinking this, not just saying it now) and I would once again be discarded after a rule change. Then I injured my forearm and it was a moot point, until the other day I finally worked back up to the #3 with a deep set. It would have been worse this time if I had been doing the 1” set, would have made it more ironic.

I will only be doing MM. Even if it gets to the point that i can do it with the COC #3 the new IM way i will still not cert with them.

as for me, i'm not big on cert: if i would be first on a list, then yes. but to join a huge group...nah. not that there is anything wrong with it. i just like to stand alone-or be first. cause those, you remember! kinney...who! :yikes but as far as the new rule, doesn't matter to me, cause, if you can close a #4 this way, knowone can take that away from you....and you'll be the king of the crush! :rock

What certification ambitions do you now have?

NOW I'll cert with the #3 from ironmind..... NO bullshit

this is something to work for for me and i WILL get it.

Well, I'm gonna see if I can't pull a MM0 cert sometime. I'll probably be hitting the grippers again this August to cram for Feats With Hands, see what happens there. I'm not planning to actively pursue any IM certs anymore, but if I woke up one morning and found I could meet their cert standards, I'd prolly do it.