Which Gripper Should Average Guy Aspire To Close?

ripsnorter

I was just wondering what would be the goal for an average guy when it comes to closing a gripper. I have small hands and I'm very close to closing the coc2. Do you think closing the coc3 is something everyone should aspire to??(forget the new rules for certification)Is it a realistic goal for everyone who picks up the grippers?

I was just wondering what would be the goal for an average guy when it comes to closing a gripper.

Most strong guys who don't grip train can't close a #2. So that's what I'd say.

Go as far as you can. Make small goals along the way. Aim for the SM in the next year. Then maybe the #3 the year after? I think you can reach your goals, with proper training.

i'll say the elite b/c that along with the #3 is my goal.

If, using statistical data, we look at what the average man is supposidly capable of, then you are already futher along that most.

For the average untrained individual a trainer or gripper requiring 100 lbs of pressure would suffice. I base it upon 1) most shop brought grippers rate between 30-70 pounds and 2) grip tests normally show a high average of about 45 kilos / 99 pounds 3) the sheer number of lower strength grippers brought against the higher ones - example although I am no longer involved with them a quick look at the hand gripper site has a much bigger range of deals for all the grippers up to 180ip, a smaller amount to 210-260 and almost none at all for the 300+ Dan is nothing if he isn't a business man and I am aware of similar sales being made by all the companies.

As to the question - what can most achieve - new rule or no new rule? I'd hazard a guess of about 260 ip / lbs. Why that figure? Because although this site, with it's advice and KTA program has produced a relatively high proportion of the most recent CoC (possibly most using a 'set' - although that remains to be seen) it cannot give one the worth ethic and desire required to step outside the normal range (as per another post - 'most here don't now what hard training is!').

I suggest that most therefore will not attain the strength, tenacity and sheer grit to kick the CoC 3's ass!

But, just to make you feel good - I remind you - you are already further along than most.

Try the KTA program and you wouldnot be sorry.

It will get you to you goal gripper fast and my witrhin two and half month for #2 and two and half months for #3 and two and half months for #4.

This possible if training with KTA.