Uses For Bent Steel?

danegarreau

Ok i'm wondering what everybody does with their old pieces of short steel that they have bent. i know most people put it in a bucket, as do i. But is there anything else that can be done with these pieces of steel. I am curious to see what ideas people have.

I've got in my head an idea to build a sculpture but it's just a thought ;)

I put them in a bucket. I use the bucket as a wieght for my roller and pinch exercises. That way, the bucket gets a little bit heavier each time I do a bend. Adds up after a while. It's a good mental motivator too.

I think I read somewhere on the board that someone has used bent steel to microload. They'll tape the pieces on until they hit 2.5 lbs. It sounds like a good idea to me, I just haven't tried it though.

I've used it to microload block weights. I make a loop outta some cord and sling it over the top of the block. I then add one piece of steel on each side.

-HH

I am toying with the idea of getting a hollow/loadable d/bell made with slots cut in to use nails for loading instead of shot.

Rebending the steel can get slippery. It's just hard to hold onto right. I think there is a chance of serious injury. Try it sometime with something light and you'll figure it out. I'd just cut the stuff at the bend for future advanced short bends.

Rebending the steel can get slippery. It's just hard to hold onto right. I think there is a chance of serious injury. Try it sometime with something light and you'll figure it out. I'd just cut the stuff at the bend for future advanced short bends.

Make sure it's well wrapped brace against your leg (ouch causes bruising)

and you should be fine it's a good workout

• 2 weeks later...

We're just trying to see how many we can accumulate at the Peterson house.

I saw a daisy-type sculpture made by Big Steve from the stuff he has bent. He gave it to Rick's wife. It was very cool.

-Jedd-

I like Thaibox's idea about the wind chime!

I have a couple handfuls of bent 40d nails that I keep in my office. When I get ready to attend a seminar or other social function with my boss, I will use a little superglue and a piece of scotch tape to secure the bent nail to the back of my business card. It seems to hold good enough. Not that bent nails have anything to do with the services our law office provides, but people definitely remember your name for a while even if they pull the nail away from the card. A little gimmicky, but a good marketing tool nonetheless...