Grade 5 Bend

amaury

Received Eric's grade 5 nails this morning ! Couldn't resist to give a go at my first 6" grade 5 nail ! I bent it in around 15 seconds with pat's style (and per the challenge bars rules of course). Didn't have to kink it a lot to crush it. Next time i'll video the bend and try the 5.5" !

BW this morning : 157lbs :D

Amaury

PS: will post pics in the gallery later today

Great work on that grade 5!

Awesome job, Amaury!! :rock

Thanks again guys ! That grade 5 bolts have been a myth for me since the day i saw Pat bend one in a video. You can't find them in France, so you can guess how happy i was to receive them in the mail this morning :happy

The 5.5" will certainly be tough suckers, probably not far from my limits (at the moment at least).

Chris have you tried the 5.5" yet (i know you destroyed some grade 5s lately but i can't remember their size). If so do they feel much harder ?

Amaury.

Amaury, glad to hear the nails arrived safely, and were received so inhospitably!

Congratulations on your grade 5 bend, on your first try no less!

awsome!

Nice work! They're a whole different animal than 60d nails, aren't they!

Amaury, I haven't tried a 5.5" yet. I will probably try one as soon as my hands recover from my weekend of gripping. I don't think it should be a problem as I have bent a grade 5 a good 1/4" off center with room to spare. Let us know how they go.

Thanks all ! :)

Chris: thanks for your answer, the 5.5" shouldn't be a pb for you then ! As for me it was an almost perfectly centered bend so the 5.5" can just be harder ;)

Congrats Amaury!