Super grip tips

Guest Youngguy

Guest Youngguy

I have A few Grip-Tips of my own. If you are stuck on the #3, such as your at the last 1/8 of inch away, and you can't get that little bit, and every time it is the same. I can help you, I had the same problem intill I experimented and sovled it. Take the #3 squeez to that stopping point. Take your other hand and then Close it the rest of the way, then slowly, very slowly start to pull that hand back while squezzing the gripper as hard as you can. Then if the gripper becomes unclosed push it back. Do this about 3-4 times befor letting go. Your hands should feel fatigue, and sore. Then rest 10-20 minutes, try it again.

Oh don't worry when you shake intensly, that is normal and natural.

Guest Youngguy

My second Grip Tip. Take a quarter inch thick rope about 3-4 feet long, and attatch weights to it. Then put the rope in your palm, and pinch on it with your fingers tips. Then lift the weight off the groung. After you can do this, then do light curls to increase your strength capacity for next workout. This sounds cheezy but it realy works out the crushing grip. If your a tiny bit away from the #3 then this will help finish off that little bit too.

Please some one reply here.

Guest Youngguy

It took about 3 months. One day I remembered something. That I havn't work out my hardest lately. That was that, from that point on I worked my hardest twords my greatest goal. Anyway that is also the point were I did lots of negatives on the #2, and #3.

The first tip I posted here is what got me to close the #3 the rest of the way more than anything else I tried, or maybe it is just a -cowencidince-(Don't know how to spell it off hand:).

Guest Youngguy

New Tip

If you can't close the #3 all the way then here is another tip you could use to do so. Take the #2, and insted of just closing it as normal, do this. Place your hands at the top of the gripper handles. So you move your hand up more. There sould be a 1 inch space below your pinky. Then work that for awhile.

To get an idea of what I mean look in the new ironmind catolog. Look at the captains of crush picture, or look were the sell the T-shirts, you will find the same thing there. The picture is in red, and look how the hand is placed. There is the gripper sticking out for about an inch.

What this does it makes it harder to close, because there is less leverage. The range of motion is still the same amount, but it is a little different. Try it.

The famous picture of Richard Sorin closing a now ancient #3 shows a substantial amount of gripper handle under his little finger.

:(   Woe is me!! All the brothers keep talking about how nice the new Ironmind catalog is and here I am still crossing my fingers and looking sadly out towards my mailbox,praying it will soon arrive!!  :D