My First Grip Contest

crushjunior

I'm getting excited!

I will be competing in my first grip contest, events will include a one hand 2x75 kg weight hold on handles thinner than a regular bar, a pinch with a Leoko 50 kg plate (let's see if I can even get it off the ground, although it does have a lip) and a one finger lift through an iron ring of 42 kg. Also an even similar to an anvil hold with 30 kg for time. All events are for time held.

I could use some advice on how to warm up for these events. I did strain the middle finger of my right hand 2 years ago lifting a dumbbell with one finger.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Crushjunior

Perhaps I should give the contest info for any members here in Finland or the Nordic countries, here is the web site with pictures of the events and contest info: www.rautakoura.com.

Thanks, Mac. The events are more a test of static holding strength than anything else. No wrist strength or crushing tested here. Still, it should be fun.