Pics Of The Hg 400 Gripper

OldGuy

Through his site but they're still in pre-production. Keep checking his site.

Nice! Is that a choker around it or is that how the gripper is made? Can you take it off?

The 300 pounder he sent me doesn't have one but on the site they all seem to. They are removable and I have no idea why they are put on in the first place.

My, what a big gripper you have!

well?!

tell us how it squeezed! don't worry, it can't break the rules as no one knows how strong this 400 is. Can't be worldclass if we don't know...

The 300 pounder he sent me doesn't have one but on the site they all seem to. They are removable and I have no idea why they are put on in the first place.

I have wondered why these "Collars" are found on grippers, especially most "store-bought" ones.

well?!

tell us how it squeezed! don't worry, it can't break the rules as no one knows how strong this 400 is. Can't be worldclass if we don't know...

What the 300 - I shut it right out of the packet. In fact I was walking to the local Railway station and squeezed it as I made my way there. I also had a delivery of a RB 300 and 330 in the same post and almost got the RB 300 right away too.

I can tell you that the HG 300 is more like 250 pounds and indeed his FAQ now reflects this (check out the blurb about a new book right at the bottom of the page ahem...).

When I get the 400 or 500?? I will let you know. Don't forget that he will have some new beast with him in Vegas andf so some of you might get a try there.

I just got a 300 today. Don't know if it is the new kind or not, but it is easier than a 3.

Has to be the ugliest gripper to date! Reverse wound, chromed spring, and huge handles. With those handles, and the spring being so high set it may well be closeable. No doubt the gripper collectors would buy one!

Gnarly lookin creature. :cool

You folks with large hands will really have some room.More surface area.Maybe?IF everybody else fails send it off to Samuelson.

The 300?and 400?are wound backwards?are they being made in China?

I only ask because there were some inexpensive grippers being sold awhile back?(there was a thread on them?)and they were wound backwards- and made in China.

Has to be the ugliest gripper to date! Reverse wound, chromed spring, and huge handles. With those handles, and the spring being so high set it may well be closeable. No doubt the gripper collectors would buy one!

Exactly what I thought. I wonder if its even as hard as a four with those long handles and super shallow set.

In one email he says that at the tip of the handles it came to 375 pounds pressure - in other words a little more than a CoC 4.

Besides who cares what they look like - s-q-u-e-e-ze them shut, get skin and grease on them and mine soon look nasty! It ain't going in a display cabinet its gonna have chalk on it and skin cells in the knurling.

Has to be the ugliest gripper to date! Reverse wound, chromed spring, and huge handles.

I BEG YOUR PARDON! The Lemleys have this thing beat by a country mile IMHO - I remember buying 10 of those bad boys... oh, the pain and the humiliation!!! :(:cry

I have a Lemley, and they are just like a conventional gripper except for the reverse wound chromed spring. In anycase gripper collectors wil buy about anything. The only gripper I collected was an RB 300 brass, given to me by a generous and kind board member.

The spring is mounted so high on the 400, but Im sure its still harder than a 4 looks like a nice gripper depending on the price of the thing I'll proabally buy it.