Hg 400?

Rick Walker

I recieved this email from Heavy Grip owner, Bill Morrison.

"Hey everyone,

I'd like to let everyone know that Heavy Sports is considering putting out our HeavyGrip400 to add to our Heavy Grips line of handgrippers.

Due to customer and retailer feedback we narrowed the stance of the current Heavy Grips models which makes them a little easier to grip for younger people and individuals with smaller hands as the original HG stance was quite wide.

I would like to mention that Mr. Jeff Peterson and his brother from Minnesota, Mr. Steve Gardener of the UK, Mr. Rick Walker of ?USA?, and Mr. Clayton Edgin of California have all closed the HG 300!! We never claimed it was the toughest gripper on the market, but it is pretty tough as many top powerlifters and strongmen have not been able to close it, but these guys all have a heckuva strong grip and closed the old HG300 with the wider stance, and I heard some are repping it!!

Attached are pictures of our HeavyGrip 400 prototype compared to the HG 300 and HG 250. It's handles are 1" in diameter. I used the thick handles as I personally liked training with thicker dumbbell and barbell handles and thought it would be interesting on a gripper.

At close to 3/8", the HG400's chrome spring dwarfs the HG 300 and I can personally only close it 1/4 " as the thick handles add a new experience to the grip. This gripper is big and weighs in at 2.4lbs or 1.2kg. It can be closed, as I closed it with both hands and my knees squeezing it.

We emailed all of you as we are interested in your opionion on whether or not we should put this super gripper into production. I will be sending it to Las Vegas to a fitness trade show March 23rd to 25th and if anyone can close it there, they will get a check for $500.00US. This gripper will then be donated to the Canadian Armwrestling Championships, which we are sponsoring, held in Portage LaPraire, MB, Canada in September where I hope a draw or auction can be held for this prototype with proceeds going to the Canadian Armwrestling Federation.

Live Strong!

Bill M.

--------------------------------------------

Bill Morrison

President & CEO

Heavy Sports Inc.-"Live Strong"

www.heavysports.com

"The Online Home for Strength Athletes"

What do you all think?

Rick Walker :rock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$500? Calling all #4 closers, get your trip to Vegas reimbursed

After having talked with Bill about this, my impression of this gripper is that it is closer to a WT or WC than anything else. With the spring size being close to the WT and the 1" handles, Bill Morrison's money is very safe. Bill told me via email last night that he closed the HG300 but only moved the handles on the HG400 1/4". No, he didn't get them down to 1/4" apart, the handles only MOVED 1/4" from the starting position. This thing is tough.

I'm pretty sure, from the emails I have from Bill that the 300 he closed must have been one of the narrow set mass market models as he has said, repeatedly, that he isn't in the same class as CoC's. Therefore we may well have a better chance than him of moving one to closed.

I might be getting ahold (pun intended) of the 400HG for 2 months between Vegas and the Canadian arm wrestling championships. If so I'll try and bring it to the IG comp. My feeling is it'll be a little over a CoC 3. First report form a CoC would be gratefully read - anyone going to Vegas?

Bring it out!!! It can't be anywhere near the WT if he said he can close it with 2 hands and his knees. I'm not that familiar with the WC as far as a cheat close so I suppose it could be like it. I'd like to see a pic and know a price.

I'd like to see a picture of that gripper. The description makes it sound very interesting, especially the handle width.

I have pictures. Can anyone post them?

I'd like to see a picture of that gripper.  The description makes it sound very interesting, especially the handle width.

I have pictures. Can anyone post them?

Mail them to me Steve, and I will post them.

jgmack1@bellsouth.net

At close to 3/8", the HG400's chrome spring dwarfs the HG 300 and I can personally only close it 1/4 " as the thick handles add a new experience to the grip. This gripper is big and weighs in at 2.4lbs or 1.2kg.

What do you all think?

Rick Walker :rock

Cool. :cool

Way to go guys.Sounds like a monster gripper.How much will it be selling for?

He said "almost" a 3/8" spring?So thats "almost" .375 inch?Depending on what he means by "almost" 3/8 ;) but it sounds like something between a #4 and WC?

Steve you can post them in your gallery

I'm going to be seeing Bill in the next week or Two, he said I could have a go at it. He sent about 10 pictures of it. It looks like the handles are longer on it. If this is so then you could maybe get some good leverage. It doesn't look wide either. It has a weird metal collar looking thing on the spring like store bought grippers do.

I forgot to mention that it is wound opposite of BB and IM grippers. Also the handles are mounted extremly low. I have never seen lower handles They are at least a half inch away from the spring. Aslo the spring used for the 300 is thicker then elite springs but is much easier then any elite I've evr tried. So it's possible that the spring width may not be as problamatic as first thought.

Steve you can post them in your gallery

I'm a lazy bum so have sent them to Old Guy. There's an image on Bills site now as well. Guess who's getting the first one... :D