141 PR................7.38

5 1/2".................7.50

total...................23.29

Best Lifts

right hand Deadlift: Dave Morton and Jedd Johnson- 255

left hand Deadlift: Jedd Johnson- 255

Plate Pinch: Jedd Johnson and Eric Milfeld- 191

Bending: Dave Morton- 4 1/4"

A tightly packed group of five very strong grip athletes vied for the title of Cyber Champion, setting PR's a plenty. Grip phenom Dave Morton proved he's not solely a crushing king, as he posted the top bend of the contest in route to his victory. To give you an idea of just how impressive his world class bending performance was, consider this: The stock we used measures approximately 16% tougher than that of the Irom Mind Blue Nail. And he mangled a piece no less than 4 1/4" in length! Yours truly snuck into the second spot with a PR pinch, while bending the shortest piece of steel I've ever managed, regardless of stock strength. Close behind in third was a guy who seems to excel at all facets of grip. Jedd Johnson walked away with the top spot in the one hand deadlift event, as well as tying for the best pinch of the contest! Rookie competitor Sean Dockery posted some mighty impressive numbers on his scorecard composed entirely of PR's! Dag Runar Oersvik Oeye, who has competed in all four of the Grip Bash contests, posted nothing but PR's himself, trailing closely behind Sean. Dag unfortunately ran out of bending stock, and was probably good for a 5 1/4" bend. Great progress on your bending Dag! Thank you all very much for your participation and dedication to a great and swiftly growing sport!

P.S. Because of the small turnout, instead of the top five receiving certificates as is usually the case, only the top three will be given these awards. Please send to me your mailing addresses, Dave and Jedd.

Edited by EricMilfeld

Wonderful performance guys.

A big thank you to all of you who participated, and especially to Eric for masterminding it.

What did everyone think of the stock?

Stay strong -

-Jedd-

Edited by Jedd Johnson

jedd, i thought it was noticeable tufer than my normal 1/4 crs. i cut all my stock down at once, and after the 4 1/4" piece, i dint even try the 4" one. i knew it wasnt gonna happen

Dave,

4 1/4" !!!! Wow man!!!! Very Impressive :rock

Good job Jedd - I was there for the pinch and bending and this guy is intense!!!

The plates he used for pinch were smooth as a SOB, no doubt.

Good job Eric for a great contest and everyone for their efforts and intensity

Like Dave, I went for broke and cut one down to 4.75" right off the bat. It was TOUGH! I tried a 4.5", but came to a screeching halt at about 70 degrees. I came up with the figure of 16% strength difference by bending both a blue and a 6" piece of Jedd's stock to 1/4" (Tom Black style), with results of 280 and 325 respectively. Jedd, I thought the steel you provided worked out great. I enjoyed pushing my short bending like that. Nice change of pace. The strength of the stock seemed to accommodate all of us quite nicely. By the way, my plates are about medium smooth, so in actuality Jedd is probably the Prince of Pinch!

Thanks again for your support of the contest guys! And if the turnout continues to drop to the point where it comes down to me competing with only my alter ego, we'd still continue to organize the Grip Bash.

Side note: I wish we could still edit our posts for a period of more than just a couple of minutes after posting, so I could fix the typing errors I made (all the results and figures themselves are accurate, though). I think I know why this was changed: So we couldn't go back and edit and then claim we never said what we actually did say???

Congratulations to all !

What did everyone think of the stock?
Tough... much harder than my blue nails, just the way it should be ! :mosher
Thanks again for your support of the contest guys! And if the turnout continues to drop to the point where it comes down to me competing with only my alter ego, we'd still continue to organize the Grip Bash.

Count me in ! :)

PS. Thanks to Eric and Jed for making this contest happen ! :bow

Nice job guys!

Do I remember right that Chris James has done over 500 lbs on the one hand deadlift with Olympic bar? That's just insane! Or was his lift done with hook grip, does anyone remember?

I enjoyed my first foray into competition. A big thanks to Eric for organizing us and to Jedd for the bending stock! I'll be a participant in the GG Bashes as long as I am able.

I came home for lunch today to check out the thread and would like to respond to a few things.

jedd, i thought it was noticeable tufer than my normal 1/4 crs. i cut all my stock down at once, and after the 4 1/4" piece, i dint even try the 4" one. i knew it wasnt gonna happen
Dave, I felt the same way. Actually, I thought I was bending a 5.75 at first. Ended up being the 5.5. Got lucky there, because I am not sure if I would have had enough to cut down. 5.25 didn't go anywhere.

I am slightly dissapointed with the turnout because I sent out rods to much more people than competed, which is fine, but I really was looking foreward to hearing how those guys would do. Another thing, I don't want the Gripbash online contests to go away. They are a great way to monitor progress, and keep things interesting. Please, guys, take part. A big thanks, again, to all that took part. I do realize some people do not wish to compete in contests, but really, at least there is no pressure on you to perform here, and there is no travel involved.

Do I remember right that Chris James has done over 500 lbs on the one hand deadlift with Olympic bar? That's just insane! Or was his lift done with hook grip, does anyone remember?

This is another reason I am disappointed, because Pexter, John Mannino was supposed to compete in this lift too, and his one hand dead is supposed to be outrageous - more than 400 pounds - I was really looking forward to see what kind of a bomb he would drop on us.

Well, once again, thanks Eric, and congrats to all competitors. For the next gripBash, I would definitely be willing to provide more stock. That was very easy to prepare and send out (it just took me a while to get into motion while training for the Strong-arm Contest).

Stay strong guys.

-Jedd-

Great Job guys. Some incredible lifting. Im definitely competing in the next one. These contests are awesome and I would hate to see them go. Like Jedd said, no pressure to travel and you can do stuff on your own time. Im as guilty as anyone though. next time Im in. Lets bring back the grippers! :tongue

... I don't want the Gripbash online contests to go away. They are a great way to monitor progress, and keep things interesting. Please, guys, take part. A big thanks, again, to all that took part. I do realize some people do not wish to compete in contests, but really, at least there is no pressure on you to perform here, and there is no travel involved.

Jedd,

I don't know if I am speaking for anyone else but myself, but the only reason I didn't

compete is because I have not started bending yet. I am guessing that the "bending bug" naturally bites most everyone sooner or later. I guess grippers were the "gateway drug" for me, which led me to block weights and other grip toys.

I hear of more injuries from bending than anything else, so I am waiting until I get a better overall strength base. Either I will know when I am ready, or perhaps I will eventually meet someone or read something that inspires me to bend.

I think the events chosen & availability of gripping implements should not have been a barrier, so I am also curious about why some other people didn't compete.

Sorry guys,

I didn't end up competing this time around for two reasons:

A: I didn't get any of the stock in the mail :cry

B: I was too busy this weekend to post my results for the other two lifts -

one arm deadlift 225 L, R

two hand pinch 160 -my pinch has never been stronger so I think my plates are heavier then the bfgs plates :stuart

Awesome performances guys :bow:bow

Jon@han

A: I didn't get any of the stock in the mail :cry

Dude. I totally sent them out. I sent them the same day as Pexters. I wonder if he didn't get them either? I have no idea what could have happened. I put all the packages together at home and wrote the info on the envelopes myself. Sorry about that. I knew there must have been something screwed up going on for you to not take part in this contest.

Did anybody else not receive the spikes?

-Jedd-