Breaking Nails

denver

I have gotten decent at bending and recently started trying to break some nails that I can bend easily. I have not been able to break anything substantial and can't seem to find a really good technique. Any direction on this would be very appreciated.

Just tried some more bending and it went a little better. I finally tried the double towel technique and was able to break an 1/4"x8" CRS bar, couldn't do an IM Yellow though. 80% of the bending was done holding the bar in the same position as the first stage of the crush.

Just don't bend it too far the first time, then reverse the nail and go. It's tough at first, but once it starts bending you'll be able to get it moving without having to regrip. Just remember to keep going until it breaks. Stopping eliminates all the progress. It takes a lot stronger grip on the nail than just bending it and can be a good training tool that way.

I have to brace one end against my leg whilst opening the other end by pushing out

(not sure if this is classed as cheating).

So it would be braced against my right leg holding it with myleft hand and pushing the other end with my right hand.

Then it's just back and forth until it breaks.