Rusty And Crusty

Sybersnott

I may have hit the jackpot when I found some plates that look just downright dandy for hub lifting! :D

Problem is that they look new and the finish on the plates might be too slippery for me to lift them by the hubs. I have a pair of rusty 35's that fit the bill and that's what I practice on when I do my hub lifts.

So what should I do? Set them out and let Mother Nature rust them out a bit, or just leave them the way they are??

Leave them slick and enjoy the challenge.

Snott skuff them a bit with 80 grit sandpaper (sand them like turning a door knob)

them wipe of the dust and chalk away. The sand scratches will accept the chalk better,and your workout will be more consistant ;)

Actually... I'd like to know if any guys using the IM hub have scuffed it up a bit?

Mine's pretty damn slippery and I can't lift as much on it as I can with a real plate hub.

A bit of sandpaper-ing would fix that I'm sure... really it should be easier than a plate... and as Rob said... consistency is the big issue with slippery surfaces.

I should of added... the 35# weight plates that I have - the finish is almost gone on them and they are coated with rust all over. All I do is add some chalk and lift! :happy