New Product Ideas

Dumnorix

What new grip products do you wish IronMind made? My thoughts:

A "bending" gripper. Like a CoC 3 or 4 with the handles at 180 degrees.

A Blob. Not new, but they could do it.

Replacement handles for the grippers. (so as not to file them)

Any other suggestions? Maybe IM would put my name on the first idea.

I would actually like to write it. But a book on "backyard" strongman.

Training profiles, events, where to find and how to make homemade implements. Secrets many of us have learned through trial and error.

Stuff like that. If Mr. Strossen would agree to it, I would write it.

W

There may be enough demand out there for Ironmind to look into having cast blob replicas made. People are always looking for blobs.

How about a loadable blob...or a thing that trains for the 2x45 plate pinch?

PDA already sells a loadable blob.

PDA Blobette

And Wonderscot, why not write the book and shop it around. Maybe Bill would be able to help you distribute it as an e-book. Or maybe just make it available for free. ;)

Brian

How about something to work the extensor muscles?

Good idea, and how about a regular blob. Just 50lbs of iron in the same shape and texture as the original, shipped slow but cheap to your house. They are getting hard to come by, but if the supply went up (i.e. IM selling them) then the prices wouldn't be so bad (hopefully). Yes, the shipping would still be killer, and I shudder to think of who much it would be from IM in California to my place in Florida.

Guys-

FBBC already has a loadable blob simulator. I just haven't had a chance to get the pic up on the site. $36 the width & angle are adjustable. shipping is cheap, as the implement doesn't weigh much empty.

FAT BASTARD BARBELL CO

People are always looking for blobs.

... and if you happen to be one of those people?? :rolleyes Email: Sybersnott@yahoo.com

As far as casting blob replicas I'm sure it's feasible, but only in quantity. I talked to a foundry about having just one cast and it was going to be $125. The price would probably go down if they were casting them in bulk.

That FB loadable blob sounds like a good deal! Maybe I'll win a strongman contest and get a gift certificate there.

Clubbell training book and Olympic lifting apparel

I guess the best way to train for 2 45's would be using 2 35's and a bar throught the middle to add weight.

• 4 weeks later...

No need for Ironmind to make inbetween gripper because I

Have the Ajustable gripper that can make the gripper hard and stronger

By as must as 30 pounds plus 195 pound ironmind gripper=225 pounds

or any poundage like 5,10,15,20,25,30.

• 3 months later...

I'm sort of surprised that Iron Mind does not make a dragsled. They do make a pulling harness, I would think the two items would go hand in hand with each other.

I've said before I'm surprised IM did not create a "Blob 50" replica. Maybe they do not see the demand for them. But what is the demand for an Inch replica?

I like the idea of a horizontal gripper. This would make doing volume work much cheaper.

Good one... :laugh

Yeah, a horizontal gripper. That would add a negative part of the bend. Shouldn't be so hard to make. I would imagine it would pretty much be the same as creating a gripper. Although the crush would become harder, which could be strange, since the crush is usually the easiest part of a bend.

Also a inversed gripper would be cool. To train the antagonist muscles to those getting worked in the bend...

Edited by nagual

My very first post to the GripBoard was on this horizontal gripper idea.

Link

Turns out there are EU patents for this very device. I still think that it would work with garage door type torsion springs. I just lack the free time to experiment.

Can you imagine how many teeth you'd lose if that horizontal gripper slipped out of one hand and recoiled? :laugh

the backyard strongman book would be awsome, I've made my own steel log, lifting stone "actually loadable steel balls, real cool" and two sets of farmer's walk implements. now fitting them into a program is another challange

What new grip products do you wish IronMind made?

:D Since OLD Guy has interjected some humor at Iron Minds expense i will add

that-just for the sake of clarrification- Iron Mind doesn't really 'make'anything.I would consider them a marketing company NOT a manufacturer....as they have all there products in their catlogue/magazine subbed out and made elsewhere. It's not like Iron Mind/MILO have a machine shop and a MIG/TIG welders in the back room with some heavy set machinists and blacksmiths on staff. :whacked

With Gordon V getting the BLOB cast i think the window period for that product is closed unless IM can come up with a catchy certification process or something that will then make the Blob appeal to the masses.(like the grippers)

I think a Rolling Thunder handle- that is reliable in its' Roll characteristics- would be a good idea. I really like the lift.I appreciate the prize money they've thrown out there for contests but I just can't understand why ALL the apparatus'-that are used in each contest-are NOT the same.

Perhaps the plastic model could continue to be sold but a PRO model with tighter specs. available.

Again I do like the concept of the device and the contests have been cool.

And,Yes i know there are other thick handles that roll on the market.I have access to several 'other'handles myself....my main interest here is,i guess ,because i personally know 3 world class Rolling Thunder lifters it would be nice to ACTUALLY know where they stand? Also for several long months busted my ass on this lift ...then....to findout WHAT I was actually lifting may(or may not)be directly compared to anyone elses lift.......

A no.5 gripper would be in order....and a nice product for IM to have made for their catalogue.