Bending Euphoria!

EricMilfeld

Hot dog! Two months past my goal date, but I'm on cloud 9 nonetheless. There attired with my hard hat and goggles, amongst all the gas vapors in bay #3 of the fuel loading rack, at 8 PM last night, the grade 8 died in my hands. And now for the first time ever I no longer feel intimidated when I look upon the Red nail. Goal date for the mightiest Iron Mind nail: April Fool's Day.

Thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ for blessing me with not big bones (I've the frame of a stork), and not for blessing me with muscle mass (I gain muscle about as fast as a sloth on sedatives), but rather, I thank Him for blessing me with DETERMINATION!!! Also, Weldon and Chris have both been very supportive, motivating, and confidence inspiring to me. Thank you my friends! Of course the Gripboard and all of it's very fine members are invaluable to all of us. Thank you!

And a word of encouragement to all you benders: It's cliche, but true: If I can do it so can you! Seriously, I am a slow twitch dominant hard gainer who went from struggling with the easiest of timber ties to collapsing a grd 8 in five months as a result of, you guessed it, DETERMINATION! May Gripboard members throng in large numbers on the Red list! :rock

Sorry about the Tom of Iowaesque post, but I'm kinda giddy!

A disclaimer regarding the comment about Tom's posting style: The comment was made with the most innocent of intentions only to get a cheap laugh at his expense. No feelings were harmed in the posting of this joke.

By the way, later on last night I ran into a homeless guy I frequently chat with, and introduced him to my hobby. I had an unbent 60D in my bag, which I offered to the intoxicated, vulgar friend of mine to try and bend. So after he had his go with it I showed him how we do it. He was sure there was a trick to it, and that I had deceived him. I finally convinced him otherwise, and gave to him the nail as a souvenier. He was very thankful, and I left to do my paperwork in the gas station to return ten minutes later and find him showing off the bent steel to a couple of his homeless friends. Kind of a fun little chance to show off a bit.

Eric,

That is awesome my friend! After seeing that grade 8 bounce back on you a half dozen times at my house when Chris came down I am even more impressed by this accomplishment! Sounds like we are going to have an awesome time next week at the Fort Worth Grip Challenge!

Congrats my friend!

W

Eric,

Great job man... :rock

You train and train and train, and can't get it....and when you least expect it - it falls....

It is always happens like that.

The RED nail is yours - you're focused - you know what you have to do....

Awesome, awesome job! Your determination is a credit to you. I have no doubt the red will be yours soon! :rock:bow:bow:rock

Congrats Eric,

I told you that it would fall for you very soon.

Your determination is an insperation to us all.

:bow:bow:bow

Nice job Eric. How long did it take you to bend the Grade 8 bolt. I am assuming it was 6" long, and 1/4" in diameter. Thanks.

Damn nice work Eric. Now it seems like your greatest worry is *not* twisting off door knobs when you twist them, right?

Thanks a bunch guys!

Steve, yep it was a 1/4"X6" bolt. I first tried this bolt over two months ago and managed only a barely perceptible kink. Over the last couple of months, despite trying atleast weekly, I've been unable to improve upon it, until last night. With the same bolt I finished it off in roughly five munutes. It may have been a little longer, but definitely no more than ten minutes.

Clay, not a problem. I don't have the Twist Yo Wrist, yet. But Weldon is making a couple of homemade varieties. ;) Then it's door knobs watch out!

Sounds like we are going to have an awesome time next week at the Fort Worth Grip Challenge!

We are indeed!

Congrats Eric on a phenomenal achievement!

Great job man, also good to know you are a bro in the faith as well. God will use this talent even more down the road....Look out red....Brett

Nice job, Eric.

Big PR leading into this GripBash.

When will you catch this on video for us to salivate over?

-Jedd-

When will you catch this on video for us to salivate over?

-Jedd-

Jedd, maybe I'm still high off finally gettin that booger, but I'm thinkin my next video is gonna be a Red bend. I'm in the middle of playin with that bad boy as we speak. I came home feelin very optimistic this morning, and darned if the thing didn't start moving a little bit for me. I'm taking little breaks and then going after it again. Gotta go, I feel another urge to bend comin on.

And thanks a lot everyone for all the support!

Edited by EricMilfeld