Bent My Frist Sqare Bar To Nite

Carnage

i ran out of 6" & "5 3/16 round bar and i had a few peices of 6" square that i bought, but i was never able to put a kink in it. been bending about 2 weeks now and the 3/16 bar started going down pretty easy (both 5 & 6") . i been doing about 3-5 bends a day but i ran out of bar so i gave the square a shot got it to 90 degrees before my hands couldn't take it any more. This was a huge step for me and the trill oh my GOD, i must have carried it around showing everone all day lol :D

i'm heading back to home depot tomorrow to buy more round bar going to cut most of it 5" some 6" and alot 4.5" and when i run out of those (about another 2 weeks worth) i'm going to try the square again if i U it you people will be the first to know

THANK YOU ALL for showing me the light

Great Job.

The Square stuff is super tuff.

Keep at it and it will fall for you soon.

:rock

Work the 3/16" square stock down from 7" to 5", then go for some timber ties!

That's where I am right now, and I've found the timber ties harder than 5" of 3/16" square stock, but easier than 7" of 1/4" round HRS

Love that square stock, looks cool when bent.

i gave the square a shot got it to 90 degrees before my hands couldn't take it any more. This was a huge step for me and the trill oh my GOD, i must have carried it around showing everone all day lol :D

Congratulations on hurtin that square bar!

Ya gotta love that thrill your talkin about!

Raziel

You never know though, I bent the 6.5" and & 7" 1/4" HRS my first session but it took a week or so to bend a TT, the ones I had were tough. Ive tested TT from 180 to 270#! Now that is some variance. I don't think you can go wrong buying a 5# box of TT though, even if they are too tough you will bend them soon enough (not like they spoil) and if they are too easy, bend em all for volume. Congrats on the square stock. Later all.

Has anyone else noticed that the square stock bends along the edges instead of the flats - not always but much more often than not. Surprised me, I didn't expect that. Anyone have any idea why that is?

my square stock always bends along the edges.

I think someone more versed in structural engineering has to field this question.