Kinked My First Red Nail

amaury

I finally decided to try my first red nail. I've been bending for many monthes (with interuptions) and never tried my hands on that beast till today. The only attempt i had made monthes ago at 5/16" steel was a total failure so i didn't expect much of my attempt today. Well it turned out better than expected since i managed to kink it a little bit :

Kinked red

That's just a very little kink and i'm obviously very far away from fully bending it but i was really really happy with it :)

Thought i would share this with the benders out here :D

Way to go!! That's a HUGE personal milestone, keep at it and please keep posting updates as to your progress.

All great bends start with a kink like this. You are close! Keep at it, and you will finish it off soon. Great work! :rock

Amaury,

Very well done.

Steve,

How long did it take you to go from kinking the red like Amaury's to a full bend of one.

David

C Munger : of course these are actual red nails, i would not have put that name to this thread if it were not the case :D

They must be around one year old (the time i bought my bag of nails) and they are still shiny but with a few little rust spots ;)

It will not fall anytime soon. But my training routine is working well ATM: good volume with nails i bend easily, increasing the difficulty of the nails gradually.

David-

It took me a little over a year, and it has been a long uphill battle. When I first started, I could not even bend the easiest timber tie. I am saying this to illustrate the fact that to succeed at bending, you do not have to start out by being able to bend the Blue Nail, or something similar in difficulty. I still have much to do, and I certainly am not stopping here. I also expect more from this board to get The Red as well.

Steve

Thanks for the kind words ! I'll have to do my homeworks and try the challenge bars now. I think that maybe (at best) i can fully U a 240kgs bar (it's just a guess based on my progress and what i did last time with The Swiss nails and wrenches). That's why i say that i'm FAR from the red ;) Just hope this red was not flawed, i'll have to try another one in a few weeks (no max effort every week as per Eric's rules).

John : Lol ! Wasn't Confuscious a guy with a goat sniffing ammonia ? :happy