Coc V. Heavy Grips

FSTYLE

Anyone have any experience with Heavygrips (www.heavygrips.com).

Iam just getting into grip training. I thought a gripper should be my first tool (Or maybe Rolling Thunder).

Should I get Heavy Grips or COC? Or something else? This stuff is expensive is I cant buy everything.

Thanks

I have been exploring this site and found something called Block Weights. It appears this is the best way to improve your grip strength.

What are they? Where can I find out more about them and how to train with them?

Is Rolling thunder an example of Block Weights?

I'd recommend the following equipment.

Crush: couple of COC or Beefbuilder grippers.

Pinch: BLock weights.

Wrist: couple of sledges.

If you don't know block weights or Beefbuilder, go check the FAQ section.

I'd get IM's or Warren Tettings. The rolling thunder is not a block weight. It is considered a thickbar lift.

Edited by Matt Van Weele

You should check out Bender's web site it has lots of good information that will answer lots of questions.

Eric's Nail Bending Page

Sometimes it won't work because there has been to much data transfer for the hour.

Good luck

I have been exploring this site and found something called Block Weights. It appears this is the best way to improve your grip strength.

What are they?

The block weights are really half of a cast York DB. They are hard to find, but I have some if you're interested. Email me: Sybersnott@yahoo.com

Welcome to grip training. You are going to love it. Just hang around, read all the posts you can, and it will come to you in time. Pretty soon you will find what you are most interested in starting with. For me, it was bending, but there are so many things you can do. It really is a great obsession, er, hobby. :cool

Erics site looks great but most of the pages are not functioning.

With yahoo sites you are only allowed to send so much data every hour. When the page hits the limit it shuts down for the rest of the hour. You just need to wait awhile and go back. Eric's site is a wealth of gripping information.

Anyone have any experience with Heavygrips (www.heavygrips.com).

Iam just getting into grip training. I thought a gripper should be my first tool (Or maybe Rolling Thunder).

Should I get Heavy Grips or COC? Or something else? This stuff is expensive is I cant buy everything.

Thanks

If I was in your shoes I would go to ironmind.com and buy the book "Mastery of Hand Strength"by John Brookfield.

What are they? Where can I find out more about them and how to train with them?

Is Rolling thunder an example of Block Weights?

Block weights are any heavy and wide weights, such as half of a hex dumbbell scale weights or anything similar that can be pinch lifted, and is on the wide side.

I need to do some reading and learn where I should start.

These blocks dont sound like the place for a beginner. Somehow the rolling thunder and pinch gripping sounds like it might be a good place for a beginner. I assume these would cover hand strength.

For the forearm: Wrist roller, Sledge Hammers?

Just thinking outloud.

By the way thanks for all the support. :bow

Block weights are a great place to start. You can get used hex head dumbells fairly cheap and easily.