Mm Grippers

JeffPeterson

After the certifying attempts can the witness or other people around try the gripper? Is this not allowed.

Well, to be honest, no. Hard to enforce though. But, if we want these grippers to be around for awhile and minimize cycles, then I don't think it's the right thing to do.

Just wondering, thanks. I only asked because i think someone asked if Shrug tried the MM1 when Rick had it.

Additional attempts by bystanders will contribute to make the gripper harder to close over time (wear on the handles making them more slippery).

It takes a LOT of squeezes to gunk up a gripper with skin and chalk to the point where it becomes slippery. Wouldn't take but a minute to lightly brush off the handles once every six months to clean it up, so that shouldn't be a big deal. And if the camera stops rolling when other people try it, who will know besides those in attendance?

And if the camera stops rolling when other people try it, who will know besides those in attendance?

So, rules are to be broken as long as it's kept a secret? ;)

We are trying to reduce wear on these, period. They need to be around a LONG time. Sure would be nice if people respected that.

Maybe the gripper should be opened on film and then put on film in a special steel box which is locked after the attempts over.

Maybe the gripper should be opened on film and then put on film in a special steel box which is locked after the attempts over.

Maybe we should all chip in for an armed guard to be posted with a armored car to take the gripper back to the airport.

BAAHAHAHA! :laugh

And if the camera stops rolling when other people try it, who will know besides those in attendance?

So, rules are to be broken as long as it's kept a secret? ;)

We are trying to reduce wear on these, period. They need to be around a LONG time. Sure would be nice if people respected that.

Hmmm...I looked over the rules and nowhere in that list does it say "Only the person attempting certification can try to close the gripper" So what rule would be broken?

Well, with all the rule modifications, discussions, and additions that have happened over the course of the last couple weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if this rule you speak of is scattered somewhere else on the board.

I promise to take good care of it when I certify.

In all seriousness, if it's mentioned somewhere and I missed it, I will make sure to keep it clean as best I can.