First Bend!

mANVIL

Man i'm hooked...started bending today. A week or two ago i bought some 3/16, and 1/4 inch steel and some polebarn 60d's. Today I cut the 3/16 from 7 inches to 5 went and all went down easy. The polebarn 60 d's took a little longer but still went down. My finale (took place 10 minutes ago) was a 7inch piece of CRS bend. Not sure where that ranks in the scheme of things but man it was brutal. The bend took a good 15 minutes...dont know if that is legal or not but it was quite an experience. I rewrapped almost a dozen times, switched from style to style over and over, I think david hornes method (in the video) to start the bend and double overhand to finsh worked best for me.

I'm completely drenched in sweat even though my basement is unheated and my waterbottles from previous workouts are frozen. I'm so pumped up and satisfied now it's just amazing. I was seeing flashes of light briefly during some of the intense parts (well it was all intense!) and when i finally unwrapped the bent nail i could barely open my fingers. Thanks to all the members here who got me motivated enough to actually try bending. If you read this section of the forum but haven't gotten around to actually bending then get off your ass and do it! I'm still pumped up from it, I FEEL GREAT! :rock

Awesome!!! I remember my first bending experience like it was yesterday. BTW 7x1/4'' is pretty good for afirst time bender. I only could do 8x1/4'' after a week of bending. Good job

Wow. Your excitement is tangeble. Awsome work. It only gets better from here... :)

Nice bend, proabably the equivalent of the yellow. It took me about 6 months before I got that one. Congratulations!

awesome yet another bender added to our ranks. Keep up the good work with intensity like that you will do well,,,Brett

Congrats.

Just follow Bender's advice, don't push too hard too fast. I don't know if a 15 min, flashes of light, hell or high water, battle is a good idea for a first bending session. Work the volume and shoot for more bends, faster, with less rest, and with perfect form as opposed to now to the blue, then grade 5 idea. My 2c worth.

Good work though and glad you're bending and loving it. Its addictive.

I'm completely drenched in sweat even though my basement is unheated and my waterbottles from previous workouts are frozen. I'm so pumped up and satisfied now it's just amazing.

The afterglow of bending :D

Great start Matt!

Thanks for the support guys

MikeP - your advice is probably very good but i just have a hard time not going full bore. Too much youthful enthusiasm i suppose, i've never been very good at moderation :D .

I found what helped me was being extremely tight throughout my entire body. Tensing my shoulders, biceps, back, abs, hands, and even hips mywhole body being one big tight mass ready to explode upon the nail. The same tightness/tensing I do for a heavy deadlift.