Size Of Bag Of Nails

ballistic_lifter

Does anyone know the exact sizes (length and diameter) of the Ironmind bag of nails? I have access to alot of steel at work and I wanted to make myself a set. I just want to make sure I get the right sizes to compare to the Ironmind set.

go to bender's site...I think he has that info.

bender

Here ya go.

White Nail = 6" by 3/16 CRS = 120 lbs to bend

Green Nail = 5" by 3/16 CRS = 160 lbs to bend

Yellow Nail = 7" by 1/4 CRS = 210 lbs to bend

Blue Nail = 6" by 1/4 CRS = 260 lbs to bend

Red Nail = 7" by 5/16 CRS = 383 lbs to bend

Hey tmmicklabs are you sure that the steel is cold rolled (CRS) ? It would be alot softer if it is hot rolled (HRS).

I am very sure.

CRS is definetly harder than HRS.

The bag of nails from Ironmind would be too easy if all the steel was HRS instead of CRS.

The HRS I've purchased from Lowes is harder than the CRS from the same store. I've found that Home Depot's HRS (Round Rod-Plain) is a softer HRS. I was proud of a bend of 6"x1/4" Round Rod Plain until I encountered the Lowes HRS. Different (harder) animal all together. It starts tough and it stays tough throughout the bend.

Remember now, the old bag of nails used CRS, but the new ones are all HRS, except the RED. If in the last year they went back to CRS, I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

AAAHHHHH!! So now you guys got me confused! :whacked Which is it CRS or HRS. Why would they change it. If it is CRS why would they make it easier by changing it to HRS. Unless they were just looking at the bottom line and trying to make more $$$. Cause HRS is cheaper than CRS. I can tell you one thing - I order steel every day for my company and the price that Ironmind is selling for a few pieces of scrap rod is outragious. But that is what America is all about. Capitalism. I was thinking of putting my own bag of nails up on ebay and see what I can get for them.

Bender may be correct.

The old bag of nails they used to sell was all CRS.

Has anyone purchased a bag o' nails from Ironmind in the past 6 months ?

2-3 years ago they used a very strong CRS, but the WHITE nail was so hard that some people could not bend it, so IM switched it all over to HRS. It's been that way for a few years now.

This topic gets hit on every few months. Some one was embarassed by the WHITE a few months back, and we all commented that it must be his technique. Then we found some one gave him a very old Bag-o-nails that was CRS. The new ones are indeed HRS, but maybe they did change back?

So, any one baught one recently? Still HRS?

Yea. If you can find the HRS/CRS at a near-by store, go for it.

- I order steel every day for my company and the price that Ironmind is selling for a few pieces of scrap rod is outragious. But that is what America is all about. Capitalism. I was thinking of putting my own bag of nails up on ebay and see what I can get for them.

move to china :) j/k :tongue

iam getting the irondmind bag as a rule of thumb to go by

not to actually workout w/

I got a bag of nails about a month ago. The 6" white is harder then a 5" piece of 3/16" steel round rod from home depot. The green is only a little easier than a 7" piece of the 1/4" steel round rod from home depot.

If what I'm getting from Home Depot is hrs, the bag of nails is not.

• 2 weeks later...

All the stock in the Bender's bag From FBBC is CRS.