Double The Fun

EricMilfeld

I finally got around to trying a double nail bend last night. I positioned two timber ties side by side, with the point of one near the other's head. It proved to be a nice, tough bend. It was definitely tougher than any 60D I've tried.

Another first for me was my attempt with a 5/16" grade 2 bolt given to me by Srongmitts. I figured this would be undoable, judging by the devilish grin on Chris's face when he gave it to me. It also felt tougher than any of the 60D's I've run across, and is probably very close in difficulty to the double timber tie feat. And even though I've done tougher bends, it looks very impressive with its thick frame in that submissive "U" position!

Anyone else try any of these off the beaten path bends?

Eric,

I've tried a IM blue and white taped together at the ends. That is probably the toughest bend I've done to date. My previous best was a 5" blue. My next goal is to proficient with grade 5 bolts.

Another first for me was my attempt with a 5/16" grade 2 bolt given to me by Srongmitts. I figured this would be undoable, judging by the devilish grin on Chris's face when he gave it to me.

:bow:bow You are truly a freak! I really just gave it to you as a joke bend. I loaded up 365lbs on my loading pin and it didn't even kink it. I'm in equal awe of your double timber tie bend! What did your timber ties test at? Mine are around 195, so we are talking about a 390lb bend!

Everytime I talk to Eric he keeps saying I'm right behind him on bending, but he is wrong. Eric is on a whole new level then I am. I really don't think he gives himself enough credit. I am confident that Eric will bend the red in a matter of months.

Eric,

I've tried a IM blue and white taped together at the ends. That is probably the toughest bend I've done to date.

Awesome bend David! Those grade 5's are in the bag!

And thanks everyone for the kind words.

Chris failed to mention that he's only a half step behind me on bending with a TORN PEC! I'm in trouble when he recovers.

Oh, and Mr. Horne: those double nail bends have got to be a show-stopper in your performances!

Congrats Eric on the bends!! Double timber tie! What would you rate it at?

Grade 5?

Congrats Eric on the bends!! Double timber tie! What would you rate it at?

Grade 5?

Thanks Mark!

Yeh, it seemed very close to grd 5, if not a little bit tougher. The timber ties were the easy variety you find at Home Depot (1/4X6", 8 twists).