Bending Injury

Cunny

I have injured the back part of my arm where the tricep meets the shoulder :cry probably caused by bending .It hurts during the crush part and also hurts when I try to set my #3, I am thinking of using sledgehammer work to keep wrist strength up and working on #1 and #2 with strapholds.

Has anyone got any other suggestions on working around it or anything that may help speed up my recovery .

How is it now? Is it tri-cepts or is it rotator cuff? I think there hasn't been a lot of response because no-one has had this type of injury. Options are ice/heat of course, maybe try to pump some blood in there with high-rep tricep pressdowns, if its rotator cuff thats different, maybe some really light L-flyes? Try to avoid pain of the area whatever it is when doing rehab exersizes... anti-inflam? Anyone else?

Edited by AP

Never experienced anything like that bending. I've felt wierd stuff in my elbows now and then, wrists of course, but can't say I've ever felt any stress in the area you describe.

Same here. That's an odd place to hurt ones self. I'm not sure at all what to say besides "go see a doctor". It could be worse or better than what it feels like, and it never hurts to check. Could it be a teres major injury? That can feel like a tricept-shoulder injury. That could get messed up on the crush, I know I hurt both of mine tearing a phone book after dead-lift day.

I only feel it in the crush part of my bends which is probably the weakest part of my bending, I do not feel it when benching I am going to rest it from any crushing type movements and just work initial bends and sledgehammer.

Bender how long did your injury take to heal?

Mine was gone in 4-5 days, and it hurt like a mutha for the first 3, and even worse for the first few hours. The teres major is used to pull the arm close to the side of the body, and is used very much during the crush. That could be it. Just eat right, sleep right, and lay off crushing for a while.

Once it heals, try bending behind the back with easy nails. The crush behind the back relies hugely on the teres major. Try it to strengthen your over all crushing ability.