Strange Bending Style?

foggymountainmuscle

I went to tractor supply today to get some welding steel to cut into small sections, any way I was doing a few test bends and I found myself going with an over-under/alternate grip. One hand pushing away and wrenching down, the other pulling toward the body and wrenching up. I felt really strong in this position, but I just don't recall hearing about it here. Is this style new/different or am I just not remembering what you've all been saying?

If it's a true over-hand, under-hand grip, than that's the one that Tom Black uses. An odd technqiue, but if it fits your body's leverages, it's yours. Tom can bend some big steel that way. Also, it seems his technique is good for dispersing pressure across the bending points, decreasing pain, allowing for more force. It's also a great technique for all, to bend behind the back.

If it's a double-over-hand grip, and you've just rotated the bar so you are hand over hand instead of side-by-side, that's the technqiue used by many on this board, such as Terminator, David Horne, etc.

I believe I have the same style, underhand, overhand. It seems to distribute the pressure more evenly as you say, bender. It almost feels like you get a crush going while trying to get that kink in the nail.

Then I go into underhand, then crush.

Edited by nagual