Phone Books

danegarreau

I was just wondering where you all get phone books for tearing. One or two a year is just not cuttin it for me. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where i could get lots of phone books, preferably for free.

Try phone book recycling bins and get everyone you know to give you their old books.

If anyone has a better place I would love to hear about it also.

I agree that the recycling center is the best place.

I live within a mile of a recycling center and on any given day there are a dozen or more phone books in their phone book bin.

Taking recyclables from a collection center is technically illegal, so make sure to return the books when you're done. The center shouldn't have a problem then. Mine doesn't.

You might also try calling the phone company right after the new edition is released and ask if they have any of the old ones left. I would not think they'd have a problem unloading them to you provided you could make arrangements to pick them up.

I live in an appartment with 50% occupancy. After phoone books are delivered every few months (there's three different book companies!) I walk out side and snatch up all the books that are delivered to unoccupied homes. I end up with a stack of 30-40 books.

Good tip there Bender. Also along that lines, when the new phone books are about to come out, call all the hotels in the area. A hotel will have an old phone book for each room, that can add up to alot of phone books. If you ask them to save the old ones for you and provide a modest tip, I am sure you can get lots of phone books.