1996 Im Grippers On Ebay

ianders1

Darn it! I wanted an old #3.

Wanna, sorry to make you move it. I still don't understand what belongs on the Gripboard itself. I knew this was equipment, but I thought it was more about the sale of it. Sorry.

"These were purchased in 1996 and I believe are tougher than the ones IronMind currently sells"

Interesting. Who pays attention to gripper variances other than those here?

BC.

I'm fairly certain that these are not "Silver Crush" grippers. Maybe Tom Page or Wanna could give a definite answer.

Gosh i made a bid on them ! :(

Holy cow, somebody know if it's possible to "unbid" ? I thought those were silvercrushers (and i've been a moron not to ask the question before :whacked ).

Amaury, you can do what's called a bid retraction. It looks kind of bad on your eBay "record" but at least you're not stuck with something you don't want. I think it's only on there for 6 months and I didn't have any problems after I did it once. I didn't mean to imply they were Silver Crushers with my "1996 Im Grippers On Ebay, Silver Crushers?" line. You could email the seller to ask him, before you do a bid retraction, of course.

Gosh i made a bid on them ! :(

Holy cow, somebody know if it's possible to "unbid" ? I thought those were silvercrushers (and i've been a moron not to ask the question before :whacked ).

There is still a very good chance you will be outbid on them. Most of the heavy bidding is at the end of the auctions, and bidders often "snipe" (don't bid until the last few seconds, keeping the price lower & increasing their chances of getting the item).

I would be willing to bet you will be outbid, unless your high bid is much more than the 72.50 currently listed. People get emotionally vested in "winning", and often pay more than an item is worth.

People get emotionally vested in "winning", and often pay more than an item is worth.

...and that is why eBay rules, as a seller. As a buyer, sniping is supposed to be unethical, but I once had someone bid me up $100 above what I wanted to pay because I HAD to get the item. I wait till the last 10 seconds and bid, now. Much better prices for me :)

heheh... esnipe.com rules. I've used it with great success on various book auctions, etc. Things where I'm very interested, but I don't want to show my hand too far in advance, and I don't want to have to babysit the auction.

Edited by CMunger

Ironmind changed to aluminum handles in 1995, thus discontinuing

the chrome plated steel handles made prior to 1995. I speculate this is

when the chrome plating of the spring coil ceased also... No more

Silver Crush after 1994.

A relative gave me his #2 that he remembered buying in 1996 and

this #2 is not chrome plated.

Ironmind changed to aluminum handles in 1995, thus discontinuing

the chrome plated steel handles prior to 1995. I speculate this is

when the chrome plating of the spring coil ceased also... No more

Silver Crush after 1994.

A relative gave me his #2 that he remembered buying in 1996 and

this #2 is not chrome plated.

Rick is right. These are just used grippers IMO. Nothing special. If anything, I would rather buy new ones with the stamped rings.

Rick is right. These are just used grippers IMO. Nothing special. If anything, I would rather buy new ones with the stamped rings.

By the way.. This "particular" '96 #2 I have is easier than my number 2s

from late 2001 to 2003. Even though the handle width is about

3/16 inch wider.

I am not saying all 96 #2s are easier, but this one I have is, compared

to my 2001-2003 vintages