Warren Tetting

Sybersnott

I just got off the phone with THE MAN... Warren Tetting.

During our 55 minute conversation we talked about lots of things. He is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to weight training and grip strength and building grip strength. He told me his liking of grip machines, since you can vary the resistance according to your own training routine. He also told me about his upcoming website and various ideas about making changes to the grippers themselves.

I told him about the support he's getting from the GripBoard and he told me that he was glad to hear it. All-in-all, a great conversation with a great man! ;):D

You are correct! Warren is a great guy who knows more than most of us and he loves to talk to guys like us.

He is the Gripper Guru!

-HH

You are correct! Warren is a great guy who knows more than most of us and he loves to talk to guys like us.

He is the Gripper Guru!

-HH

He knows more than just about anybody does when it comes to everything in general. Hes great to talk too thats for sure.

Just when I think he's told me everything there is about training he'll add something new.

the man with the master plan.

Just when I think he's told me everything there is about training he'll add something new.

Jeff,

Does he have a extensive file system or a great memory or does he coorespond with a lot of guys that are into grip strength/grip training/weight training?

He said he knew you and Matt and he dropped some other names, some of which I knew and some I didn't. He's definitely on the "inside"... ;)

Hes got one hell of a memory. Doesn't write much down. He just remembers everything. A lot of what he knows comes form experience and the rest from talking with others.

Hes got one hell of a memory. Doesn't write much down. He just remembers everything. A lot of what he knows comes form experience and the rest from talking with others.

Mad Props to him then.... :bow:bow:bow

Hey sybersnott did he tell you anything about the galaxy.???

Hey sybersnott did he tell you anything about the galaxy.???

The Galaxy is currently not available due too Warren not being able to get the right springs. He might have made some progress towards getting them but I think it is doubtful right now.

Matt just curious, does he have any of the Constellations or is he still working on those also? Mike

Matt just curious, does he have any of the Constellations or is he still working on those also? Mike

I think the biggest he has right now is the world class. Not sure on that wire size. I don't really know any of them past the pro. I will have to ask him about next time we have a chat.

He's trying to get some more Galaxy and Constalations in cirrculation but has been having some difficulty with it. If he can overcome it they will be available again. Sybersnott he is very sharp for an older guy, he doesn't right much down. If you're ever in MN we'll head out to Warren's together. It's a pilgramage every gripboard member should make.

He's trying to get some more Galaxy and Constalations in cirrculation but has been having some difficulty with it. If he can overcome it they will be available again. Sybersnott he is very sharp for an older guy, he doesn't right much down. If you're ever in MN we'll head out to Warren's together. It's a pilgramage every gripboard member should make.

I hope one of you guys in MN take on sortof an apprentice mold with Warren...

It would be a shame for him to have no one to pass his knowledge and experience on to...

This is off topic, but one member stated in a recent post "... sharp for an older guy". Hmmm, I was not aware that so-called "older people" should be perceived as to have a relative lack of intelligence. What do you mean by "older" ... over 30, 50, 70? It would be trivial to find a counterexample for almost any age that is suggested! Perhaps we should write Mensa and find out how many new members over 60 have been admitted. I imagine there would be people who are offended by such casual remarks.

Just My Opinion...

If you're ever in MN we'll head out to Warren's together. It's a pilgramage every gripboard member should make.

Is this an invitation? If so, I might just take you up on the offer! :happy

After reading that awesome article... Warren's not the only guy I want to meet in the state of Minnesota (which now seems to be the center of the grip world!!). ;):D

This is off topic, but one member stated in a recent post "... sharp for an older guy". Hmmm, I was not aware that so-called "older people" should be perceived as to have a relative lack of intelligence. What do you mean by "older" ... over 30, 50, 70?

Yet how many mathematicians or physicists have done their best work after age 30?

Memory and mental agility are affected by age, but hopefully this is off set by the aquired wisdom. I am sure Tetting is a very wise man.

3djim are you telling me that you've never met an older person who was not as sharp as they were in their youth. If not come meet some of my relatives. I did not say he lost intelligence, I was pointing out that his memory is still strong which is not always the case when you're over 70.

Edited by JeffPeterson

Jeff-- You're biased sir. I could say the same for many young ones as well. It is sad that this kind of disrespect pervades the "minds" of some.

As far as the professions, a woman mathematician (Russian) just recently passed away at 81. Olga was her name I believe. Apparently she was a genius and actually did brilliant work into the later stages of life.

Nuf said,,, this is not the group to belabor this issue. I do believe such brash and callow statements should be retracted as rude, even if not intentional.

So there are young folks homes too? Nothing rude happened here. someone else here understand what I'm saying. I'm not biased. I was giving warren a compliment that in no way takes away from the elderly population.