Pony Clamp

Guest rob1234

They will not help your crush at all.

They will build up your thumb strength though which will come in handy on The Inch, The Blob and Plate Pinching.

Go ahead and pick one up at Home Depot for 2 bucks.

Here is an example of one:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/images/prod/8159.jpg

You will probably need to use both of your thumbs at the same time to close it fully. For more intensity, try closing it with both, and releasing one thumb so you can do a negative rep. Some say that making your thumb stronger might help a little with IM COC grippers. I don't have a trainer, so I also use a larger one to warm up for grippers.

Edited by odin

I think they may help your crush but not directly like a more crush oriented movement. Heath Sexton feels the added thumb strength helpsn in setting the gripper. I sure don't think it would hurt the crush.

It is to develop your thumb pad so that you have a better base to crush with, its like trying to push crush a gripper with one side against water its just going to sink, useing the pony clamp strengthens the pad or the part of your hand that the fingers are not on you strengthen that then it is like push closing your gripper against concret much much easier. Hope that helped......Kyle

:rock:rock:rock

• 3 weeks later...