Grip Contest In The South?

rbrown

How about the South? Anyone potentially interested in a grip contest in conjunction with the Music City Strongman Showdown that will be held in Nashville on June 12, 2004?

If there is sufficient interest, I'd need to talk with those that have promoted grip events to see how it might work. I am already definitely having the Ironmind Rolling Thunder qualifier at the Music City. Those that do well at it will qualify to go to Rolling Thunder Nationals that will be held in conjunction with the NASS Nationals.

I think it is great if people can get prizes and money and such. But mostly people just want the satisfaction of knowing that they competed against some tough competition and that they did a good job. This year I would probably not be in a position to provide much other than trophies. But I wouldn't mind rounding up the necessary equipment, providing the venue and running the contest.

I know we have some great gripsters in the south that may have just not showed up at some of the other contests because they are so far away.

Chad Woodall?

Terry?

Dave Morton?

Heath?

others?

ryan, id love to , but am workin on the 12th, still wiatin to hear form family bout when weree takin our big vacation and i have limited vacation time. soon as i find out the specifics, ill let ya know

Mr. Brown, any idea of when the online entry form will be up for the music city strongman?

soon. I had to clear the events with my co-chairman and also wanted to get back from Boston to make sure the stone event was reasonable because I am planning to have a stone event very similar to the Boston stones.

People did well with the stones there so I think we will do it.

I've sent you a PM with the planned events.