Twist-yo-wrists

JamesG

What has been everyones experience with this thing? Is it worth getting? It looks like it could be usefull for benders but im not sure. What are the pros and cons you have experienced with it? thanks guys!

Really like it. Put next to nothing on it the first time & my forearms blew up. A fun little toy.

Really like it. Put next to nothing on it the first time & my forearms blew up. A fun little toy.

So your recommend getting one, John? Your personal endorsement is good enough for me! :D

Yeah. I can never have enough toys. I don't know how much it will strengthen your hands, but the wrists certainly. Plus it's just cool. Kind of like my #4 that I'll never do anything with...lol.

i got one myself. no complaints, i only wish that it was made of metal, but other than that, found it real good for the wrists.

stay strong!! :rock

I don't use it for the wrists at all.

I have my palms FACING each other and actually twist the hands (like opening a jar) to use it.

It's a far different type of workout and wow does it ever blow up the hands.

<<I have my palms FACING each other and actually twist the hands (like opening a jar) to use it.>>

that's the way i do them... i do feel in my hands, but feel it a lot in my wrists too.

A similar exercise would be to simply take your wide handled wrist roller, grab it by the butt ends with your palms facing each other, and twist your heart away. I have been doing this for years and it has enabled me to open every single container lid ever put in front of me.

Edited by wells

i made one of these today for just a few $'s. all you need are a couple of 4" PVC end caps, a short section of 3.5" PVC to go between them, and a 4' nylon cord. start to finish, about an hour, but that's just because i sat around the hardware store shooting the bull with my old buddies for 55 minutes.

i made one of these today for just a few $'s.  all you need are a couple of 4" PVC end caps, a short section of 3.5" PVC to go between them, and a 4' nylon cord.  start to finish, about an hour, but that's just because i sat around the hardware store shooting the bull with my old buddies for 55 minutes.

Good idea!I wish I thought of this,I would have saved myself $35!

Edited by gerryg

I've made a couple 3 and 4 inch. I made the pipe in the middle longer, so I could support the twister and get it higher thus more twisting without sholder use...

The advantage of making is many sizes to play with. I'm also going to make a couple smaller ones for those 1-2 finger and thumb type twists :)

It seems like one could make this item from an old dumbell. And no, I am not talking about the person who highlights your reciept when you leave Wal-mart. ;) If you were to take a solid dumbell and either drill a hole through the handle or sink an eyehook into the handle, you could make something similar to this product.

If anyone here has an old dumbell that has round ends about the right size, please feel free to ship it to me so I can try my idea. :D

I have a 3.5in. PVC pipe that I use for this kind of wrist rolling. Words can't describe how difficult it is to do in the overhand manner since it is so unwieldly and slick. Needless to say I like it a lot.

One question about the original twist yo wrist.

Is this thing really worth the 35 dollars?

What other IM grip contraptions should I get if I'm in a budget? the eagle thing?

Thanks in advance.